Sorry guys. I know you're all tired of hearing this but I need suggestions on a guitar. I've pretty much narrowed it down to 2 guitar choices; an ltd ec1000 or a Gibson sg. I play in a pop punk band and I need a guitar with humbuckers (I play a mim tele now and have no intentions of pickup swapping). I'd be looking at something probably used from eBay but not looking to buy right now probably more like a few months from now. I know it's about playability and how it feels but I like them both. I just need some opinions to help me decide. My band is thinking of touring soon and this will be my main axe. If you guys have anything to say please let me know. Also, I'm talking about the ec1000 with duncans (or swapping the emgs for something else) and either the sg special or standard (not special faded)
I would take the EC1000 over the SG Special, but would take the Standard over the EC. If you look on CL, EC1000's pop up pretty often and for a good price ($400-$600) which beats the price of a Gibson SG standard, even used as well. Plus I prefer the neck of the EC over the Gibson, though the Gibson has a nice neck. When your ready to buy, scan over the local CL's around you, you never know what else you might stumble upon.
I would say the EC, especially with the Duncans! I have to say though if you dig the look of the SG more they are fine as well, but with ESP LTD I feel like you are really getting a good deal.
SG Standard> EC-1000> SG Special
Believe me, the only thing "special" about the SG Special is the price.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Life is indeed a broken image.

Last.fm
PSN: BlindNematode
Quote by BlindNematode
SG Standard> EC-1000> SG Special
Believe me, the only thing "special" about the SG Special is the price.

This.