Quote by Mother Flame
Not bad. The guitar kind of over powers the rest of the mix. Singer has a really good voice. The guitar tone just seems a little too bassy and muddy to me. But good effort!

over powering in what way like overpowering the vocals or the drum track? cause if its the drum track that was my intention lol and thanks man (:
I liked the guitar tone, it had nice distortion too, maybe add a little bit of reverb. The voice was great, hit all the notes!

Mother Flame's right, the guitar overpowers the voice (as in it's TOO loud to hear the voice clearly).

Great cover!! Nice clean tone too btw,

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1472629
Gibson Firebird 70s Tribute
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
Quote by SupahStrat
I liked the guitar tone, it had nice distortion too, maybe add a little bit of reverb. The voice was great, hit all the notes!

Mother Flame's right, the guitar overpowers the voice (as in it's TOO loud to hear the voice clearly).

Great cover!! Nice clean tone too btw,

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1472629

thanks man! ya the way it osunds on my comp and the way it actually sounds its different so its hard to mix the tracks but ill try and fix it. and ya ill check it right now.
The accent sounds strangely familiar...

Singing was good but ive never heard the song so it could be all wrong.
The guitar was very...dreamy
Good man.
Your main problems are her not knowing the lyrics, so she sounds really unsure in parts, and changes words mid word
She struggles a bit to keep time.
Also the timing off the guitars is off in parts, and the playing gets a little sloppy here and there.

Still good man!
Keep at it!

I say re-do this cover in another month or so of practicing it and compare the two!

Also, you may want to try in your next version double tracking the guitars, have one panned hard left and one hard right, this makes more space for the vocals, drums and bass to fit in and makes the mix much easier to pick things out.
Maybe just double track the distorted bits and leave the clean in the middle.
Last edited by wongacaster at Aug 31, 2011,
Quote by wongacaster
Good man.
Your main problems are her not knowing the lyrics, so she sounds really unsure in parts, and changes words mid word
She struggles a bit to keep time.
Also the timing off the guitars is off in parts, and the playing gets a little sloppy here and there.

Still good man!
Keep at it!

I say re-do this cover in another month or so of practicing it and compare the two!

Also, you may want to try in your next version double tracking the guitars, have one panned hard left and one hard right, this makes more space for the vocals, drums and bass to fit in and makes the mix much easier to pick things out.
Maybe just double track the distorted bits and leave the clean in the middle.

thanks man thats some really good advice and well taken
Hey man, thanks for the crit on my two songs.

I didn't like the guitar tone, and it totally overpowered everything else in the mix. The drums and bass need to come way up. Also it would really pay off to get a better drum vst, like SD2.0 or EZD.

The singer was pretty good, and overall you guys seemed to know what you were doing so other than the mix, it was pretty good!
Quote by androidkaita
Hey man, thanks for the crit on my two songs.

I didn't like the guitar tone, and it totally overpowered everything else in the mix. The drums and bass need to come way up. Also it would really pay off to get a better drum vst, like SD2.0 or EZD.

The singer was pretty good, and overall you guys seemed to know what you were doing so other than the mix, it was pretty good!

ya i turned the drums way down cause we dont have a drummer so i just made a drum track and i mostly wanted to showcase guitar and vocals but i clearly dont know how to mix a track lol but thanks man now i know for next time!