What has learning how to play a musical instrument or music in general taught you about life? or how to cope with it?
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
Quote by blake1221
Bro, music IS my life.

It makes me laugh when non-musicians say this (not that you aren't a musician, just saying cause it reminded me)
Check out my band Disturbed
Genuinely saved my life. I used to be depressed, angry, and incredibly bored. Anyone who's ever been those all at once can tell you that's nto a healthy combination in the slightest. Music eased the depression, and the instrument ate the anger and boredom, and turned it into a useful skill.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by StewieSwan
It makes me laugh when non-musicians say this (not that you aren't a musician, just saying cause it reminded me)

I think it's more of an exaggeration as to their love of music but I do understand where you're coming from.
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
Quote by StewieSwan

No man, I know what you meant.

The damage is done.

But seriously I hate those guys too. It still irks me when a lot of musicians say it as well.
Quote by StewieSwan
Yeah your edit is exactly what I was talking about

just sit back and take it all in.

It's beautiful.

OT: writing music and playing music is honestly therapeutic to me, and helps me relieve a lot of pent up stress and emotion. I tend to get a bit antsy when I go a while without playing some instrument.
Last edited by blake1221 at Aug 31, 2011,
Quote by blake1221
No man, I know what you meant.

The damage is done.

But seriously I hate those guys too. It still irks me when a lot of musicians say it as well.

Yeah your edit is exactly what I was talking about
Check out my band Disturbed
It gave me a way to express myself and possibly a future since I now study it. Not a drop of frustration goes to waste in the writing process and I´m a very frustrated person. Not to mention my violent moodswings that can perfectly be applied to which ever I´m playing. It also gave me oppertunities to see more of the world and meet more people.
Quote by God
I'm Omnipotent, which is to say that my dick eats both meat and plants

Ronnie and Steele, Rockstars today aint half as real.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio & Peter Steele