Page 1 of 2
Hey Everybody!

First time Forum member here looking for help and guidance!

As of recently I am now looking into buying some new gear (as well as making use of what i already have) to make my rig work better for me and pretty much end the tap dancing i've been doing for the last few years.

Just some of the product types I'm thinking getting are as follows...

Power Conditioner
Wireless
Rack Tuner
Pedal power supply
Audio Switcher
Midi foot Controller

I currently own a fair amount of effects pedals that i'd like to use as much of as possible. what my vision currently is (as it stands) is to have a pedalboard which quite literally consists of my Tremonti wah and the MFC out in front and then all the other effects I use as part of my sound in the rack along with all the other equipment.

What I would like to know is what are Your opinions, comments and suggestions as to which products you feel may or may not work for me. Cost isn't an issue because IF the products are not only reliable and will do the Job I want them to do then imo I think it's well worth putting good money into it!

Regards!
Mikeyprs
I'm fairly new to racks myself, but as much research as I've done I can throw out some ideas that you may or may not like.

Power Conditioner - I'm currently looking at these myself. Between Furman and Monster I can't make up my mind but that's a good thing for me as more options the better. It usually comes down to how much info/control you want with your conditioner, and how many outlets you'll need. I recommend looking into anything Furman or Monster. I'm sure someone else will come in with another brand or two as well.

Rack Tuner - A lot of what I have found looking around the net is that Korg made a very very good tuner (Korg DTR1000), but unfortunately they discontinued it so if you can find one used then that's you're best bet. However Behringer has a BTR2000 which isn't too bad, and for the price is excellent, it also comes with a Metronome built-in.
Twitter
Soundcloud

ESP LTD EC-500
Krank Krankenstein
Krank Krankenstein 4x12 Cabinet
Alesis M-EQ 230
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby GC95
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Thats cool! nice to know i'm not alone aha!

The sort of products I was thinking about getting regarding each Rack component are currently: -

Power Conditioner - Furman £129 - £449 (model depending). As this is quite an important aspect of the rack setup especially with it dealing with electricity etc... I'd want something durable and high quality, and so with that I'm leaning towards a furman unit then the monster but as you have quite rightly pointed out it's good to have options.

Wireless - Although I already have an Audio Technica wireless unit it's not rackmountable so I'm hoping to find a unit which is rackmountable but I'm looking for something that can give me several tranmitters to the one receiver since I use 2/3 different tunings in the band I'm in and have 3 out of 7 guitars I own prepared for live use.

Rack Tuner - Yes I totally here you about the Korg Tuners. at first I was unsure what with owning an multi-fx by them many moons ago. I felt somewhat disappointed by the products performance hence probably the reason I own so many Boss single stomps aha!

Effect Pedal PSU - It's either the Burkey Flatliner or the ModTone PowerPlant ATM. I want a power supply that will power the current amount of effects I have and still leave me enough to add effects if I so choose.

Audio Switcher - RJM's Rack Gizmo, this product looks f'ing sweet! handles both pedal and amp switching all in one unit. It costs $799 (unsure of UK equilivant since the xchange rate changes daily lol) but for what i'm looking for i think it'll be well worth it.. stomp on one button bam! one tonal extreme to another!

Midi foot Controller - I want enough buttons and options which allows me to have instant access for pedals as well as presets. I'm currently leaning towards Rocktrons "All Access" MFC which will probably cost £600+ New on Ebay

Despite it seeming like I know what I want, I would rather put things out there to the people and see what sort of response I get as well as finding out what other products people use as well because I may spend like a grand or two putting this together to find that there is another product that can do what I want it to do and then some sorta deal?!
Re: "power conditioners" - Some of the high end audio forums have done tear-downs on these and an in-depth look at the circuits. Most are nothing more than basic power distribution and surge protection - a glorified power bar. They do nothing to 'condition' the power. If you are prepared to pay a considerable amount (4 figures), and sacrifice several rack units of space, you can actually get a real power conditioner.

Truly conditioning the power requires voltage regulation, not just an indication on the front panel of what the incoming voltage is. That is not cheap to do. Getting 60Hz hum on your rig? Blame the cheap power supplies in the units themselves, not "dirty power" in your home. Your money would be better spent having the power supply section of your amp upgraded to be stable over a wider voltage swing than on the snake oil that is cheap 'power conditioners'.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Interesting Information there Vulcan, muchly appreciated!

so in light of this what would you do in this situation of putting Rack setup together??
Surge protection is important, and this can be achieved with a simple power strip. However, if you accept that a rack unit will likely only provide surge protection and provide convenience for plug-in, you can get a unit cheap that doesn't pretend to do anything else. I have a pair of ART PB4x4 units that I paid $20 each for. There are those who advocate plugging everything into the same strip (and this is logical), so a simple rack unit has some merit, especially if you are assembling a portable rack unit for gigging.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Koch Studiotone XL
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Last edited by Vulcan at Aug 31, 2011,
You know, most rack power distribution units are not very deep. You could bolt it to the rear of your rack , opposite something like your tuner, and not sacrifice a space on the front of your rack.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Koch Studiotone XL
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Just checked out Ebay for the ART PB4 and managed to find one NEW for a mere £55! (after P&P) aha thanks for mentioning that Vulcan =D
If it's just as good as any other then hey I would indeed have made quite the saving!

and now that you mention that is quite an idea too! never thought of bolting it to the rear because that could also solve any issues with power cables not reaching whatever it needs to power! Ima keep that in mind too!

Thanks for the comments guys!
Also check out the Voodoo Labs GCX Audio Switcher, if I remember it's less than the one you linked. There's also the Carl Martin Octa Switch although your pedals will be on the floor, maybe it converts to a better price for you.
@Chris
Thanks for your comments, I appreciate the input =D However although I am well aware of those products, I'm afraid there is a reason why i didn't state either in my OP and i'll explain why on each item.

Voodoo Labs GCX Audio Switcher - The reason behind choosing the Rack Gizmo Over this was because I had already decided how I was going to configure the wiring of my pedals (4 pedals in front, 4 in the effects loop) altho its not the same exact numbers for what pedals I own and where i'd put them in the chain you get the inital idea. Another reason why I choose the RG over the GCX is because RJM music also have a custom cable that goes in hand with the product and the amp i have (Randall RT503H) to handle all the channel switching. I understand there may also be the possibility to do the same rig configuration on the GCX and it being around £150 cheaper, I feel that the RG would be my ideal switcher at this moment in time.

Carl Martin Octa Switch - My reasoning for not going for something like this is because A) my amp having three channels and the switcher can only change 2 (as far as youtube demos go) it would mean I lose out on a channel that I actually use.
B) I'm a set and forget guy when it comes to my effects really and so to minimise any of them being knocked etc I was thinking by putting them in a rack system and then switch with aforementioned RG as nesscessary.

Again Thank you for your input, I do honestly appreciate it but as far as I understand of those products they wouldn't be what i'm looking for at this time. Please note that in my op I did mention that that my original intention was to have just the Midi foot Controller and my wah pedal out on a board and have everything else all nice n neat in a rack case.

Mikeyprs
Seems a little counter-productive to still use a heap of pedals if you have a rack.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Yeah, just thought I'd throw out some cheaper options just in case

When I was looking into getting a midi set up with my JSX I remember needing a custom cable... Peavey likes to use a 7 pin connector for some reason
@Cath

Yes and no .... and here's why..

Yes I agree that it is redundant to have LOADS of pedals in a rack setup on the view point that i could just buy a effects processor to take care of all that for me. However I have been downsizing the amount of effects I use to purely what I have noticed me actually using in live performance compared to just having loads of effects for the sake of it.

and No because as I've mentioned i've downsized to purely just what I use live and also, the effects I use have been using are apart of my tone that I have been trying to (and still trying) put together over the last 10 years or so.

Thank you for making a very valid point none the less!

Regards,
Mikeyprs
@ Chris

It's totally cool! You know, I'd rather discuss this with other like-minded musicians and learn a thing or two before acting on impulses to try and make the right (cost effective) Solution which will meet the requirements that Im looking for in this type of rig.

my understanding of why your JSX needed a custom cable for could quite possibly have been for phantom powering or some of MMC type shiznit or something??? LOL Idk..
I'm just talking crap on that one probably but hey! here to learn n share ideas right =D

How is the JSX anyways?? I was looking into buying a Tube amp of some description some time ago (evidently before i got me randall) =D

Mikeyprs
Always nice to stick a Quadraverb in your rack. They go really cheap these days on Ebay and still hold their own with the best of them. Great Reverbs, and mod effects, nice delay too. Pro sound for a few bucks.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
@ Cath

Thanks for the Quadraverb tip! good ol' ebay has turned up some great prices =D
have you had any experience with any of the other effects processors at all ???

Good or bad... any insight you could give me would be most helpful!

Regards,
Just chiming in since you appear to have omitted some of the more popular rack stuff, why not Eventide for their modulation effects?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
@Kitty
The reason why I hadn't mentioned Eventide was because I own quite a number of the Boss Stomp boxes that I've bought either brand new or second hand on ebay some years ago and most of which I still use to this day.

Not only that for the cost of just one Eventide product I can buy just the few Boss effects I actually use/require for my sound, I mean for instance on the board atm I have the following signal chain...

Mark Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
MXR Noise Clamp
Boss GE-7 (altho I've decided to remove it from the chain as i can dial in the tone from the amp instead now)
Boss PH-3
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3

I have this all configured/routed using the "x" cable method via the Noise Clamp.

HTH!

Regards
Does anyone else have anything to contribute???

I'm just trying to find out as many options as possible!

Thanks!

Mikeyprs
seems to me that you are limiting yourself by your inability to let go of your comparitively cheap Boss pedals. the Eventide mentioned would be way better quality wise than a bunch of Boss pedals. save those for emergency back up. perhaps you should get an Axe-FX unit which is about as pro as it gets these days. seems like a streamlined setup would be better than having a bunch of potential issues in the form of pedals. i can see a wah and an overdrive up front (and of course your midi) but if you're gonna go rack then go rack for the rest. those units will give you far more flexibility than the pedals which i assume is the reason for going to a rack set up to begin with.
Quote by Mikeyprs20
@Kitty
The reason why I hadn't mentioned Eventide was because I own quite a number of the Boss Stomp boxes that I've bought either brand new or second hand on ebay some years ago and most of which I still use to this day.

Not only that for the cost of just one Eventide product I can buy just the few Boss effects I actually use/require for my sound, I mean for instance on the board atm I have the following signal chain...

Mark Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
MXR Noise Clamp
Boss GE-7 (altho I've decided to remove it from the chain as i can dial in the tone from the amp instead now)
Boss PH-3
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3

I have this all configured/routed using the "x" cable method via the Noise Clamp.

HTH!

Regards

The difference in quality between boss effects and eventide is astounding.
I don't even get why you want a rack really. You don't want rack effects, and you don't want a rack amp.
You just want channel and effects switching. So get something like a gigrig instead
RIP Gooze

cats
You know what the difference in quality, power and versatility is like between Boss effects and Eventide effects? A Boss is like a pink tricycle with sparkles on the neighbourhood curb and an Evenide is like a Ferrari floored on the Autobahn.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Last edited by ragingkitty at Sep 3, 2011,
Quote by ragingkitty
You know what the difference in quality is like between Boss effects and Eventide effects? A Boss is like a pink tricycle with sparkles on the neighbourhood curb and an Evenide is like a Ferrari floored on the Autobahn.

+1

HUGE difference between Boss and Eventide effects. I'd rather have one great sounding, reliable, and well built pedal than three overpriced, mediocre sounding pedals.

If you're seriously looking into rack stuff and money isn't an issue, throw out your pedals and go with something like an Axe-FX and a MIDI switcher. It will give you all of the effects you'll need, save you space in your rack, and make your stage area much neater.
Eventides are very good. Another option would be to go for a TC G-System. You can run those as a rack and foot controller, it will even switch any pedals you want to use as well. Really, the G-System was designed to do exactly what you want.
http://www.tcelectronic.com/G-System.asp
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Sep 3, 2011,
Quote by Cathbard
Eventides are very good. Another option would be to go for a TC G-System. You can run those as a rack and foot controller, it will even switch any pedals you want to use as well. Really, the G-System was designed to do exactly what you want.
http://www.tcelectronic.com/G-System.asp

Got no comment on the TC Electronics as I've only got hands on experience with Eventides, though TCEs are renowned for some really good quality FX.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Originally posted by monwobobbo seems to me that you are limiting yourself by your inability to let go of your comparitively cheap Boss pedals. the Eventide mentioned would be way better quality wise than a bunch of Boss pedals. save those for emergency back up. perhaps you should get an Axe-FX unit which is about as pro as it gets these days. seems like a streamlined setup would be better than having a bunch of potential issues in the form of pedals. i can see a wah and an overdrive up front (and of course your midi) but if you're gonna go rack then go rack for the rest. those units will give you far more flexibility than the pedals which i assume is the reason for going to a rack set up to begin with.

It's not that I have an inability to let go I was just trying to find a way of using what resources I have available to me now? is that not a fair judgement??

Also as It appears I neglected to mention that I had bought these pedals quite some years ago like when I was around 16/17 so yeah money was an issue then and I hadn't even heard of the Eventide products until recent years and also because they were not available in the stores I could locally access at that time.
But none-the-less I did as I had learnt to do which was A/B'ing products by different manufacturer's tweaking them here n there to find which one's sounded good to my ears which is the right idea when your buying gear right???

I hope that now explains a bit more about that...

Originally posted by mulefish The difference in quality between boss effects and eventide is astounding. I don't even get why you want a rack really. You don't want rack effects, and you don't want a rack amp. You just want channel and effects switching. So get something like a gigrig instead

I have looked into the gigrig only a few weeks ago and as far as my understanding goes the concept is pretty neat.. I do like the idea of it, However I'm under the belief that it'll only switch two channels?? and if so then the case being that the main amp I now use is a three channel amp (Randall RT503h) and so I'd like to use all the channels made available otherwise it's effectively redundant right?? (unless someone who actuallys owns the product can tell me otherwise)

I have been looking at buying some multi-effects processors to replace the pedals with such as the following...

Lexicon MX400
Lexicon MPX-1
TC Electronic G-Major 2

as well as the Alesis Quadraverb that Cathbard suggested to me.

I guess I'm coming across like a complete douche here but I'm trying not to here lol.
I mean IT definately shows by all the responses that you all KNOW what you're talking about and I'm definately giving EVERYTHING all real good think through before I do anything! I'm just trying to learn about as many products as possible before I make any real decision and the only way to learn is by asking questions n getting feedback from it?!

Regards,
Mikeyprs
Quote by Mikeyprs20
But none-the-less I did as I had learnt to do which was A/B'ing products by different manufacturer's tweaking them here n there to find which one's sounded good to my ears which is the right idea when your buying gear right???

I have been looking at buying some multi-effects processors to replace the pedals with such as the following...

Lexicon MX400
Lexicon MPX-1
TC Electronic G-Major 2

as well as the Alesis Quadraverb that Cathbard suggested to me.

I guess I'm coming across like a complete douche here but I'm trying not to here lol.
I mean IT definately shows by all the responses that you all KNOW what you're talking about and I'm definately giving EVERYTHING all real good think through before I do anything! I'm just trying to learn about as many products as possible before I make any real decision and the only way to learn is by asking questions n getting feedback from it?!

Regards,
Mikeyprs

Actually I think you're taking things a little too personally. I don't think anyone thinks you're a DB. Well either that or we've been seeing so many bigger ones recently, you barely make a blip.

What we're trying to do is to get you to start moving away from mediocre gear to better ones now that you're looking at gear that is breeching the pro level.

Fair and fine that all you've had to go by is testing gear, but at the same time you also need to look beyond your pond if you're seriously moving into the rack game.

Some FX are indeed good enough that the risk of buying without trying isn't as great as mediocre gear. I bought the following without any chance to try them for myself, and I'm still undeniably happy with the purchases:
1. Mesa MKV
2. Eventide TimeFactor
3. Eventide Space
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
agree with ragingkitty. you need to learn more and if you are taking the plunge into the rack world then don't half ass it if you don't have to. i dothink giving a better idea of whatyou are doing musically might help. you may find that you need less than you think to get where you want to be. having all those pedals just gives you more chances that there might be an issue in your signal path. the clearer the path the less likelihood of problems. also keep in mind that all those pedals may result in some tone loss as well.
I went to racks primarily so I could get rid of all my pedals. Pedals I don't even have anymore because some bastard stole them all - so no going back for me now. Let somebody hide my rack under their coat - now that would be a trick.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Originally posted by Cathbard Btw. This is a Quadraverb (with a Guv'nor in front of a cranked JTM45 and a '59 LP.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuAVHHRlxLg

Holy crap that guitar tone is amazingly good! (especially for a youtube video) but then Gary moore is a fantastic player too! so it's bound to speak volumes =D

On another note however...
I have been checking out some of the Youtube Demos of the Eventide products and I have to admit they do sound pretty fricking bad ass!!

It's got me seriously re-thinking the Boss stuff thats for sure aha! however I still need the gear to play the shows I've got coming up, however I am going will try and find time to head down to Wembly Guitar Centre in London and Try out some of these personally and/or even enquire into trying out any of the rack multi-fx processor's and then decide how i'm going to do things from there.

I also recall someone mention about putting a drive pedal in front of the amp... other then the Typical/traditional Ibanez TS9 that i know alot of people go to Could anyone suggest to me any other pedals to front load the Randall with??

Mikeyprs
How I do it is one rack unit in front and another in the loop. That way I just use the one in front as a clean boost and the one in the loop as a secondary master volume. We rack guys don't need no stinking overdrive pedals.

And yes, Gary Moore's tone is unsurpassed.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Originally posted by monwobobbo
agree with ragingkitty. you need to learn more and if you are taking the plunge into the rack world then don't half ass it if you don't have to. i do think giving a better idea of what you are doing musically might help. you may find that you need less than you think to get where you want to be. having all those pedals just gives you more chances that there might be an issue in your signal path. the clearer the path the less likelihood of problems. also keep in mind that all those pedals may result in some tone loss as well.

What I am doing musically is a 5 piece metal band Called Outright Resistance. We currently have a 3 track demo that can be heard through most of the social networking sites or on our Own webpage here ==>> www.outrightresistance.com

I did use to have a huge (and rather weighty...) homemade pedal-board with all my effects on it thinking that it'd be the anything and everything I needed to use for a practises.. shows etc etc, but then when it did came to songwriting... practise's or even the odd gig I had with a cover's band i played with for a little while i realised that I never even used half of what was on there! So after learning this I decided to abandon the board and box up and shelf the unused pedals and then just make a simple much smaller board for the effects I did use. I can post pictures of past/current rigs if you so wish guys n girls =]
Quote by Mikeyprs20
What I am doing musically is a 5 piece metal band Called Outright Resistance. We currently have a 3 track demo that can be heard through most of the social networking sites or on our Own webpage here ==>> www.outrightresistance.com

I did use to have a huge (and rather weighty...) homemade pedal-board with all my effects on it thinking that it'd be the anything and everything I needed to use for a practises.. shows etc etc, but then when it did came to songwriting... practise's or even the odd gig I had with a cover's band i played with for a little while i realised that I never even used half of what was on there! So after learning this I decided to abandon the board and box up and shelf the unused pedals and then just make a simple much smaller board for the effects I did use. I can post pictures of past/current rigs if you so wish guys n girls =]

well after listening to your stuff i can say that it doesn't sound like you need a whole lot to get that sound. even some of the more basic Eventide or TC electronics units would probably have more than you'd ever need. before you ask i though your stuff was ok for what it is but can't say it's my cup of tea. the guitar sound seemed suitably brutal but i'll have to say i hated the vocals (good for that style i guess but i like real singing, just my opinion).

i mentioned the overdrive. i like my distortion to be up front so i don't agree with cathbard on this (although i usually would yield to his advice). i use the Digitech Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive myself. does the tubescreamer thing and has a mod switch to up the distortion. the eq is better as well. i use mine to kck it up a notch for leads and to change the tone some to cut through better. that's me it might not work for you or perhaps whatcathbard does might work better don't know.
The rack unit I have up front (GP-8) has a DS-1 (yuk) and an SD-1 in it. I never turn them on, I just play with the output volume of the GP-8. That way all my overdrive is real tube overdrive and I adjust the volume with the Quaddy in the loop. It gives me an unlimited gain structure through the amp. I prefer that to getting distortion from pedals. Just a clean boost and let the amp do all the work. But you know me, I'm a tube freak. I may be using SS stuff to manipulate what's going through the two parts of the amp but the distortion is all amp. No SS clipping for this little black duck.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Originally posted by monwobobbo
well after listening to your stuff i can say that it doesn't sound like you need a whole lot to get that sound. even some of the more basic Eventide or TC electronics units would probably have more than you'd ever need. before you ask i though your stuff was ok for what it is but can't say it's my cup of tea. the guitar sound seemed suitably brutal but i'll have to say i hated the vocals (good for that style i guess but i like real singing, just my opinion).

Thanks for the comments on the sound, and I totally understand it's not for everyone too!
Quote by monwobobbo

i mentioned the overdrive. i like my distortion to be up front so i don't agree with cathbard on this (although i usually would yield to his advice). i use the Digitech Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive myself. does the tubescreamer thing and has a mod switch to up the distortion. the eq is better as well. i use mine to kck it up a notch for leads and to change the tone some to cut through better. that's me it might not work for you or perhaps what cathbard does might work better don't know.

[quite="Cathbard"]
The rack unit I have up front (GP-8) has a DS-1 (yuk) and an SD-1 in it. I never turn them on, I just play with the output volume of the GP-8. That way all my overdrive is real tube overdrive and I adjust the volume with the Quaddy in the loop. It gives me an unlimited gain structure through the amp. I prefer that to getting distortion from pedals. Just a clean boost and let the amp do all the work. But you know me, I'm a tube freak. I may be using SS stuff to manipulate what's going through the two parts of the amp but the distortion is all amp. No SS clipping for this little black duck.

I guess the answer as to whether or not to front load an amp with a drive pedal is one of self exploration given these hugely different methods of doing so. Altho atm I don't think I need to given the nature of my amp but IYO is it worthwhile still trying it even to rule it out as a possibility??

Mikeyprs
Quote by Mikeyprs20
[quite="Cathbard"]

I guess the answer as to whether or not to front load an amp with a drive pedal is one of self exploration given these hugely different methods of doing so. Altho atm I don't think I need to given the nature of my amp but IYO is it worthwhile still trying it even to rule it out as a possibility??

Mikeyprs
it's all about what works for you. never hurts to experiment. the pedal can give you further options on any of your channels. i use mine in different ways according to the song. options are good.
Agreed with ragingkitty. If you only want pedal switching and amp switching I don't think it's worth going rack though. But if you want to delve into rack gear then that's cool too.

As for channel switching; shoot them an email, I'm sure they can clear it up for you
RIP Gooze

cats
Page 1 of 2