I've been asked to be a singer in a band, and in the lives show I want to be able to put in an energetic performance. Unfortunately over the summer i've become horrendously out of shape. I don't play sports anymore either, so could anyone suggest any fitness regime or exercises/sports to do to help me become fit again.
Also i'd like to increase my lung capacity so i can do longer screams and stuff, any help on this too?
Really anything that gets you to sweat will do. But a great tip is to do something you like to do. Don't run 2-3 times a week, if you don't want to. That will make you stop running after a month. If you do something you like to do, you are more likely to do it in a year, and the trick here is continuity. Weather it's football, rugby, tennis, baseball, handball. Go to a sport you like, make it fun, start as soon a possible and do it regularly (weather that is once a month or three times a day).
ROCK ON! \m/

VHT Special 6 Ultra - Head and Cab

Ibanez RG350M (black)
ESP-LTD 256-EC
Ibanez GRG 170DX

Ibanez TS-7 Tubescreamer
Digitech DF7 Distortion Factory
Digitech CF7 Chorus Factory
Want to extend your lung capacity? I got it. go swimming.

I know summer is coming to an end, but if you can get access to an indoor pool, or if you get a hot day in Manchester (apparently). Do some laps, I know this works from experience.

I also noticed your sig. Try in the bathtub, just keep your face underwater as long as you can, over and over again until you can't (Well, I hope you know your limits, I don't want to be at blame if you drown.). You'll be out of breath, but keep doing that for a while and you will notice a difference.

As for working out, refer to above post.
Last edited by gateway01 at Aug 31, 2011,