Well Hello everybody, I am buying a new amp, and I thought you guys could help me
I have a 30 watt Line 6 Spider III that I got as a Christmas present, but I have never really liked it, and there's one guy offering me a Peavey Head Transtube Supreme, should I take it or should I keep looking? Btw my budget is low, about $500
Unless you particularly like the Supreme, i would not get it. $500 can bring you pretty far if you look harder

Please answer the following.

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Unless you particularly like the Supreme, i would not get it. $500 can bring you pretty far if you look harder

Please answer the following.

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.

This
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by AlMay
Well Hello everybody, I am buying a new amp, and I thought you guys could help me
I have a 30 watt Line 6 Spider III that I got as a Christmas present, but I have never really liked it, and there's one guy offering me a Peavey Head Transtube Supreme, should I take it or should I keep looking? Btw my budget is low, about $500
If it's anywhere near that $500 for the Peavey he's ripping you off. If you've played it and liked it then $125 is about the right price. A little more if it's perfect and pristine.
the peavey goes for 189$ used at my local guitar center... i wouldnt get a solid state head for that price, its bound to be bad. and like ragingkitty said 500$ can get u a lot further
Gear:

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Shecter Hellraiser Crimson Burst
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line6 Spider IV
Dunlop CryBaby Original:
Well I play mostly metal, Dream theater (the not so sick songs), Megadeth, Metallica, Hammerfall, I'd use cleans for sure. New or used doesn't matter, It would be used in rehearsals and small gigs, I use mainly a Jackson Kelly