So im looking to record grooveshark directly to mp3 in some way. Is this possible to do live and in stereo with decent quality?
Don't think so. You could pipe it through some decent speakers, mic them properly, and record it on another computer, and it might end up sounding kinda okay, although the audio on Grooveshark is already quite compressed, so it would probably be best to go uncompressed or with a lossless format.

But you'd need good equipment.

TL;DR: Not really.
or you could just use any audio software to record the stereo mix from your soundcard.
Guitar: IBANEZ RGIR20BFE-WNF
Strings: Ernie Ball .010 - .052
Amp: Yamaha THR10X | Orange Micro Dark
Effects: Boss MetalCore ML-2, Zoom 505 II, CryBaby
Quote by svelle
or you could just use any audio software to record the stereo mix from your soundcard.

Derp. Why I never thought of that, I'll never know.
I feel like that's stealing...
Bands I've seen live:

Def Leppard
Journey
Tool
Testament
Megadeth
Slayer
Mastodon
Deftones
Alice in Chains
Foo Fighters
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Quote by svelle

a friend of mine used to have some software that did this, but i cant remember its name for the life of me.
why dont you just download the music? (where available) the sound quailty of youtube>mp3 is always really poor i find
I think there's a program that lets you record whatever's coming out of your soundcard, use that.

EDIT: beaten to it.
i use audacity, and change the mic to my soundcard.

works well enough for collecting YT clips for lolish dubstep remixes.
Gear:
Jackson rr5+rr3
epiphone les paul std
fender classic 50's
Epiphone sheraton ii
blackstar ht-5s
vox ac15c1
bugera 333xl
framus 2x12
mxr carbon copy
mxr bls chorus
ehx holy grail