Hey guys,

I'm stuck between two guitars, the ESP Truckster (Black, James Hetfield signature from Metallica) and Stevie Ray Vaughan Stratocaster. I love the clean noise on the Strato but the ESP one being from Metallica keeps me away from the fender.

I play Thrash metal (Metallica), Rock (Pink Floyd) and a bit of country, and play a lot of clean riffs and acoustic resembling. I don’t really fancy changing battery on the guitar so I’m still stuck.

Looks:

SRV Stratocaster:

ESP Truckster:

Any advices?
(I know they are two TOTALLY DIFFERENT stuff, but I'm REALLY undecided.)
You clearly have no idea what you want and need in a guitar if it's between those two.
sounds like you play more clean stuff so the strat if you had to pick one of these. Maybe try something with an HSS configuration?
Quote by W4RP1G
You clearly have no idea what you want and need in a guitar if it's between those two.

Agree with this.

Why those two guitars? They are total opposites to each other, so you obviously have no idea what features you want in your guitar.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by dweb23
sounds like you play more clean stuff so the strat if you had to pick one of these. Maybe try something with an HSS configuration?

This is what I was going to suggest as well (though not necessarily a strat). Another option is to get a guitar with coil tap. My ESP horizon II has that and the cleans it makes are on par with a lot of single coils.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Personally, I would suggest just about anything over the Truckster.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
I know the two are two TOTALLY different things, it's like comparing an apple with a bus but I own a Ibanez s7420 for all those metal stuff, and I'm REALLY stuck between the two. Add that James hetfield taste with EMGs or go classical gilmour style with a good ol' fender and hit the blues?
Quote by omidmash
I know the two are two TOTALLY different things, it's like comparing an apple with a bus but I own a Ibanez s7420 for all those metal stuff, and I'm REALLY stuck between the two. Add that James hetfield taste with EMGs or go classical gilmour style with a good ol' fender and hit the blues?

Well, you still don't know exactly what you want, and it sounds like you're buying a guitar just to buy one. Wait till you know, and you won't have to ask us. If you buy one of these you'll probably just regret it later on, and signatures model isn't exactly easy to sell in most cases.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Do you get much worth out of the almost $800 MSRP difference between the ESP Truckster and an ESP Eclipse II?
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Agree with all the other UGs but I'm not gonna repeat it :P
I really like the Truckster. Really good looking, wonderful sound and a great guitar to play! I'm not sure if it is what you're looking after, though :s

Talk with someone in a music shop. They will help you find the right one
The Truckster is badass, though it really is very different than the Strat. There's no use asking which one is "better" until you know exactly what it is you're looking for in a guitar. That being said, I agree that the Eclipse is just as good. I bought my Truckster for WAY below the retail price... it cost about the same as an Eclipse. So although it's an awesome guitar, I'm not sure I would have payed the full $2500 for it.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
don't get a sig
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by omidmash

i feel ya man...i feel like that all the time. i want brutal kse type guitar, but also bluesy rhcp type guitar.

the solution

>get the truckster, put an emg 89 in the neck and or bridge
(89 is like an 85 and a SA)
>get the strat, put emg SAs in it and an 85..
(or keep it passive and just put a humbucker in the bridge)

remember gilmour uses emgs and sounds bluesy and great...

also the battery in the actives really isnt a big deal
Get the Strat. DoNt put EMG's in it for christsakes. Get the Strat and if you want to you can upgrade the pups to pups that will deliver an actually decent clean, bluesy tone. Not EMG SA's.

You already have the Ibey for metal so why get another metal guitar?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Dave Gilmour wants to talk to you.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
This thread... /facepalm

TS, just get a regular ESP Eclipse, and a regular strat. You can probably get an Eclipse-II and a MIM Strat for the price of one of those. Or an MIA strat and an EC1000. That'd probably be a better choice.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
esp eclipse II with seymour duncans jb and 59 with a coil tapping option will give you the wide array of tones you seem to need
Esp Eclipse II
Fender Strat LoneStar
Martin D35 Custom Shop
Vox Night Train
Vox Heritage cab 1x12
The SRV strat is nice, but for versatility sake your best bet would be an HSS. Throw some Texas Specials(same pup used in SRV strat) in for the singles, and pretty much any higher output humbucker would work. Even if u bought an American HSS you'll still save a little money
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by HomerSGR
Well, you still don't know exactly what you want, and it sounds like you're buying a guitar just to buy one. Wait till you know, and you won't have to ask us. If you buy one of these you'll probably just regret it later on, and signatures model isn't exactly easy to sell in most cases.

This is exactly what I think too. Play more, maybe even replace your amp, then you might want a different guitar some day and you will know what you're looking for.
Quote by omidmash

since you're aware of how different they are but still can't decide, you probably should wait until you really know what it is you're looking for...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Kind of a weird comparison...but I'd go with the Strat. They're easy to customize, and even if you don't do anything to it...you have that classic Strat tone. Maybe I'm biased, I just don't like active pickups at all.
What guitar do you have at the moment? And why not go for cheaper versions of the two? For example, maybe an LTD EC-1000 or ESP eclipse instead of the Truckster? And then have enough to spend on a nice strat aswell.
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
Quote by omidmash
Hey guys,

I'm stuck between two guitars, the ESP Truckster (Black, James Hetfield signature from Metallica) and Stevie Ray Vaughan Stratocaster. I love the clean noise on the Strato but the ESP one being from Metallica keeps me away from the fender.

I play Thrash metal (Metallica), Rock (Pink Floyd) and a bit of country, and play a lot of clean riffs and acoustic resembling. I don’t really fancy changing battery on the guitar so I’m still stuck.

Looks:

SRV Stratocaster:

ESP Truckster:

Any advices?
(I know they are two TOTALLY DIFFERENT stuff, but I'm REALLY undecided.)

Two very different guitars.

Anyway, the EMGs 9 volt battery only needs to be changed once in a long while. The EMGs use very little power and the battery will last you a good 3,000 hours. I changed the original battery in my Eclipse II after 4 years and it still had a lot of juice. I tongue tested it and it gave me a decent shock, lol.
ESP Eclipse II SW - D'Addario 11-49 Eb
LTD F-400FM - Ernie Ball 12-56 C#
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Quote by TH3M B0N3Z
Two very different guitars.

Anyway, the EMGs 9 volt battery only needs to be changed once in a long while. The EMGs use very little power and the battery will last you a good 3,000 hours. I changed the original battery in my Eclipse II after 4 years and it still had a lot of juice. I tongue tested it and it gave me a decent shock, lol.

Yes I don't know why people care about the battery having to need changing. It takes like 10 seconds and as you said, the battery lasts a very long time
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H