Howdy.

I recently found my old Game Boy Colour. I've been playing it like a mother ****er cos I have nothing better to do til I start uni and it gives me a nice warm nostaligic feeling.

Anyway, I seem to remember being able to somehow play Game Boy & Game Boy Colour games on a TV with some kinda attatchment/converter thing for either a SNES or N64. I have no idea about the specifics, so can anyone in the Pit point me in the right direction?

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

PS: feel free to also just discuss how great Game Boys were.

Lol, yeah there was an attachment for it. Maybe on E-bay you can pick it up. Wasn't there also like a game genie for game boy also ?? Nice nostalgia thread btw !
lol, GBC being old school. kids these days.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by jetfuel495
SNES had one called the Super GameBoy. I used to have one.

EDIT: What Blake said.

All of that

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I'm pretty sure the Super Gameboy doesn't work with GBC games. It was developed before the GBC existed.
Did some research now that I know what it is and got the answers I need. Thanks to anyone that helped me and sorry to anyone I made feel old.

To continue nostalgic chat, anyone ever play this little ditty?

gamefaqs:

"The Game Boy has just about as much games as the PS-X does but most of the games suck. The best games to get are the Mario games and the Zelda games. Don't even think about getting the Pokemon games."

what.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
gamefaqs:

"The Game Boy has just about as much games as the PS-X does but most of the games suck. The best games to get are the Mario games and the Zelda games. Don't even think about getting the Pokemon games."

what.

It was a different time. A time where people didn't have preconceived opinions on Pokémon. They were so naive.
Quote by blake1221
It was a different time. A time where people didn't have preconceived opinions on Pokémon. They were so naive.

you mean 2001?

pokemon rocks
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

OMG I loved my GBC and then my GBA to death as a kid. With the GBC I remember playing Zelda IV: Link's Awakening 'till my eyes bled. It's a shame as it often seems to be quite overlooked in the series, even though it's one of the best games in it, and IMHO beats A Link to the Past anyday.

On the GBA I went absolutely apeshit on Castlevania: Circle of the Moon and Golden Sun. I also think that Circle of the Moon is the best in the entire series.

And, of course, I've spend quite a huge chunk of my life playing every single major installment to Pokemon on portable consoles. Epic times, man.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
GBC? Ain't that old really. I still got an Atari with like 50 games INCLUDING PONG!!!

Because, Boobs
Quote by the_hoodster

Possibly my favourite game ever!

My aunt and uncle had this one, and a big white Gameboy. Had some good times with it .
...marmalade is my jam.
Quote by jetfuel495
SNES had one called the Super GameBoy. I used to have one.

EDIT: What Blake said.

Yep, Super Game Boy for the Super Nintendo (it'd even make certain games color, like that Donkey Kong game), and on N64 you could play Pokemon with the Transfer Pak and Pokemon Stadium or Stadium 2.
Quote by CaptDin
Yep, Super Game Boy for the Super Nintendo (it'd even make certain games color, like that Donkey Kong game), and on N64 you could play Pokemon with the Transfer Pak and Pokemon Stadium or Stadium 2.
Came in to say exactly this. Except my example of color being pokemon and how it would change the side banner things.
omg warioland was insane. Who knew such awesome content could come from such a small little gameboy.
Gamecube had an adapter as well.

Made pokemon even cooler.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator

Shit. I forgot about that. That's how I played emerald not even a year ago.
Quote by bradulator

Know what made pokemon even cooler before that? This right here.

Plus this

Pokemon Stadium had badass mini games. Pokemon Stadium 2 was even better.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by White_Venom1993
Still is.

Besides Smash Bros, Mario Galaxy, and a few other games, I have enjoyed playing my PS3 and Xbox 360 a lot more than the Wii, and DS.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by mikeyknowsbetter

oh my god, this is amazing news. so pokemon red on a television screen?

I just.......

What?

Where have you been for the past 14 years?
Quote by mikeyknowsbetter

oh my god, this is amazing news. so pokemon red on a television screen?

you can do it even now. Just hook your computer up to a tv (or a projector!) and play an emulator.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by fearofthemark
you can do it even now. Just hook your computer up to a tv (or a projector!) and play an emulator.

As much fun as playing real games on real systems is, pokemon is best on emulators because of the turbo button.
Quote by Alex Vik
As much fun as playing real games on real systems is, pokemon is best on emulators because of the turbo button.

This.

Thisity this this.
Quote by Alex Vik

you and your turbo button. I like playing it old school most, actually. Holding the gameboy in your hand with the low contrast screen and AA batteries makes it amazing.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22