Hey guys, this is my Old Guitar Day!
What I'm sharing with you was my grandfather's Hofner Congress Archtop acoustic guitar (1957/1958). What I found quite interesting was the overhanging fretboard (pictured).

-Three piece neck

-Compensator Tail Piece

-A plain maple veneer body top, and the use of plain or slightly flamed maple veneers for body back and sides.

-Small body size of 19.5" length x 14.5"(initially, with15" later) lower bout width x 3.1" body depth.

-Brunette Finish

-Only binding to body top. None to body back, f-holes, or neck.

-Double dot markers to 5th, 7th, and 9th frets. Single dot marker to 12th fret.

Here's some information I found on another site:
The Congress was the "bottom-of-the-range" archtop in the Selmer catalogue throughout the whole of Selmer's distributorship in the UK i.e. between about 1953 and 1972/73.
It was Hofner's small body archtop with a body size of 19.5" length x 14.5" or 15" lower bout width x 3" body depth. This size feels quite a lot smaller than Hofner's "standard" body guitars, which had a lower bout width of 16", and consequently the Congress is an easier guitar to play than the likes of the Senator and President.
It has almost a "parlour guitar" feel to it, despite it having a full-size 25.5" scale length.

Now for the pics:

You may or may not be interested in this, but I thought I'd share.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I originally posted this in the e-guitar forum by accident
I can't really tune the d string as the tuning peg is broken (pictured) and the action is a bit crazy so I'm not too sure.
Quote by conor-figgy
I can't really tune the d string as the tuning peg is broken (pictured) and the action is a bit crazy so I'm not too sure.

Well, those things are an easy fix for a luthier. The one that I have near me would gladly fix that since he somewhat adores a little bit older guitars.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Sakke
Well, those things are an easy fix for a luthier. The one that I have near me would gladly fix that since he somewhat adores a little bit older guitars.

Once I start making money I'm gonna get it fixed up and hopefully playable.
If you get it up and running, put a recording up of what it sounds like and tell us on the forums. Be really interesting to hear it. Thanks
Fuck the system - Use non-standard tunings!

"Now the guitar is no more than a cowbell, so easy to play, that there is no stable lad who is not a musician on the guitar" Inquisitor Covarrubias 1611
No problem, I played it a bit there and it sounds old.....
I'll try get a short recording but it's still pretty hard to play, the low e buzzes and I'm not too sure why (it's not fret buzz).
Still be cool to hear it. To see how much guitar sounds have changed over the years.
Fuck the system - Use non-standard tunings!

"Now the guitar is no more than a cowbell, so easy to play, that there is no stable lad who is not a musician on the guitar" Inquisitor Covarrubias 1611