hello,

I've been real fed up lately with my Fender FM 212r, as you can imagine. It's obviously not the best amp out there

But anyway, I want a nice tube amp that can keep up with a drummer, another guitar player/vocalist, and a bass player. I've decided to check out the Jet City JCA2112RC 20W

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/jet-city-amplification-jca2112rc-20w-tube-guitar-combo-amp/583601000702000

We play stuff like Hendrix, the Stones, Dylan, SRV, Kenny Wayne, Gov't Mule, the Dead, Phish, Floyd, Zep, etc.

So basically what I need to know is -

-do any of you have experience with this amp
-is 20W loud enough? the reviews say it's very loud for practice/gigs but I just wanna make sure
-how does this amp compare with other tube amps in it's price range and are there any better/similar tube amps that are in this price range

thanks for any help guys
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
The JCA is probably one of the loudest 20w heads you'll find, so for crunchy overdriven tones like the ones you mentioned, it'll definitely do the job.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Quote by Twistedrock
The JCA is probably one of the loudest 20w heads you'll find, so for crunchy overdriven tones like the ones you mentioned, it'll definitely do the job.

Well I'd be getting the combo, I'm assuming it'd still be just as loud though right?
Quote by Robchappers

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
I like all of the Jet City products and the 20 watt should definitely be loud enough. You might want to look into the Blackheart Handsome Devil - you can get them for an awesome price used, and I love the sound of a Blackheart Amp, myself....
I own the Jet City 20w and it's incredible for the price, very responsive, cleans up nicely with the volume knob, and is loud enough for gigs, easily. I can drown out my drummer with it and it has excellent gain, especially for the crunch tones like you mentioned. It is very versatile but if you want crisp cleans at loud volumes then you must turn the master up all the way and use the gain knob as volume. You could also roll back the volume but it wont be as crisp.
DAS BOOT!!!
Quote by Blues Hippie
I own the Jet City 20w and it's incredible for the price, very responsive, cleans up nicely with the volume knob, and is loud enough for gigs, easily. I can drown out my drummer with it and it has excellent gain, especially for the crunch tones like you mentioned. It is very versatile but if you want crisp cleans at loud volumes then you must turn the master up all the way and use the gain knob as volume. You could also roll back the volume but it wont be as crisp.

thanks for the info man, I was hoping someone on here would have this amp and be able to shine a little light for me. yeah thats basically what I'm looking for, good crunch tones and to be able to roll my volume down for semi clean tones. as it is right now, on my amp that I have I use the drive channel and roll down for cleans even thoughh I have a seperate clean channel, I rarely use it anymore. thanks again for the help man
Quote by Robchappers

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by shredibanez24
thanks for the info man, I was hoping someone on here would have this amp and be able to shine a little light for me. yeah thats basically what I'm looking for, good crunch tones and to be able to roll my volume down for semi clean tones. as it is right now, on my amp that I have I use the drive channel and roll down for cleans even thoughh I have a seperate clean channel, I rarely use it anymore. thanks again for the help man

No Problem, glad I can help
DAS BOOT!!!