Hello everyone!

If i would describe my music taste it would be rock.
I just love Queens of the stone age and such.

The problem if i want to play their songs is that i dont get that rock sound.
I do have an AMP with a distorcion, GLX MG-10 wich is a very basic AMP.
It sounds perfect in Clear. But when i turn the Clear to Distorcion, it just buzzes and stuf..

So i was thinking, what if i get a Distorcion effect peddle and put my AMP on clear, il have that rock sound?

Do you think this will work?
If so, what ''rock'' pedel should i get?
Price range max 80 euros.

Sorry for bad grammar,
Thanks for the time.
One of these?

You mean a pedal. What you want is a distortion (not distorcion) pedal, (if not a new amp). It would work (on the clean channel,. not the "clear" channel), but perhaps you should go out and try a few to see what you like. Only one I ever liked was a Line6 Uber metal. But I really don't like distortion pedals.

Save money, get a nice new amp.
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Aug 31, 2011,
Quote by Mark G
One of these?

You mean a pedal. What you want is a distortion (not distorcion) pedal, (if not a new amp). It would work (on the clean channel,. not the "clear" channel), but perhaps you should go out and try a few to see what you like. Only one I ever liked was a Line6 Uber metal. But I really don't like distortion pedals.

Save money, get a nice new amp.

That would be a "paddle".
If you're going to take the piss out of someone's spelling, you could at least have the decency to check your own first
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
What you need is a new amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by GaryBillington
That would be a "paddle".
If you're going to take the piss out of someone's spelling, you could at least have the decency to check your own first

I know how to spell it

If he had spelled it correctly like "paddle" I wouldn't have asked "One of these?". The question would be obsolete, and I would have made a simple statement such as "You need one of these".

Anyway, my joke was probably in poor taste anyway. Couldn't help myself, but I did offer my thoughts and not just my bad sense of humor.
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Aug 31, 2011,
I did offer my thoughts and not just my bad sense of humor.

True...And you were right, it definitely sounds like he needs a new amp.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Hmmm sucks,
Sinds i am just a starter in the guitar world.
and not gonna sell my amp after just 2 weeks lol.

Keep suggesting ''rock'' pedal
If you've only been playing for 2 weeks, you don't need to worry about distortion yet.

Stick with a clean sound and learn the basic chords and scales. With a clean sound you'll be able to hear if you aren't getting them right more easily. Learning with distortion at such an early stage could hide a lot of errors which will prevent you from improving.

Seriously, you don't need to think about playing with distortion for a long time yet.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
If you've only been playing for 2 weeks, you don't need to worry about distortion yet.

Stick with a clean sound and learn the basic chords and scales. With a clean sound you'll be able to hear if you aren't getting them right more easily. Learning with distortion at such an early stage could hide a lot of errors which will prevent you from improving.

Seriously, you don't need to think about playing with distortion for a long time yet.

This is the advice I never wanted to hear as a starting guitarist, but very true.
WTLTL 2011
Set your amp on clean and get a small multifx like the RP155 that has a drum machine. Then practice with the drums. If your amp is horrible you can use headphones.