Page 1 of 4
Hey, I just don't get why so much metal fans hate Avenged Sevenfold. So I'm asking with this thread to those metal fans: why do you hate Avenged Sevenfold?
(Sorry for my bad english btw, I'm from holland )
^ Everything he said.

Jumping on the bandwagon.
Not many actually hate them. they just jump on the bandwagon.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by StewieSwan
This in combination with their ridiculous stage names and outfits.

Well to be fair, they were younger then and now they don't dress that way anymore. And lot's of people have stage names. Axl Rose, Slash, The Edge, Buckethead etc.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
I just dont care for them, and their names are retarded

/not a metal fan anyways
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Because they aint brutal, and their fanbase consists of little 12 year old kids, and little 15 year old kids, that think they're the best metal band evar.
The stage names, and I don't really like the singers voice. I don't hate them, I'm just not a fan.
the singers voice is annoying, the band members themselves are annoying, the music they play is displeasing to my ears, zack and synyster gates are decent guitarists but i still dislike their music and i find them lame.
you brought a hooker to church?
Yeah, their stage names don't bother me. Except for Zacky Vengeance. That's just stupid. I just legitimately don't enjoy their music. It fails to capture my interest. There was this one song I heard by them once though which struck me as very 90's punk-ish, and it wasn't too bad. Apparently it was a very old song by them.
I hate them because a lot of their riffs are very generic, and some of the riffs from the most of their songs I've heard are very similar to something else, it's just ridiculous. I also can't stand the generic vocals that every goddamn Warped Tour band has. Those are the same reasons I hate Bullet for My Valentine too. Hater's gon hate.
FLYERS GONNA FLY
Philadelphia Flyers: 47-26-9
Quote by ChadLikesGuitar
Because they aint brutal, and their fanbase consists of little 12 year old kids, and little 15 year old kids, that think they're the best metal band evar.

They dont' suck just because they aren't brutal. You just prefer brutal music apparently.
And you hate their fanbase, not the band themselves.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by skylerjames13
Well to be fair, they were younger then and now they don't dress that way anymore. And lot's of people have stage names. Axl Rose, Slash, The Edge, Buckethead etc.

But Slash isn't as ridiculous as XXXSYNYSTER666GATESxxx. I don't hate a7x, I'm just saying that it sounds like a 12-year-old came up with their stage names.
PM me for newts
I want Johnny Christ to have my babies.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
My friend told me in an interview that M. Shadows claimed that the band is more talented than anyone else and he's the best singer alive.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

I personally think they're alright. I really, really don't like their leads though, they annoy the hell out of me and sound more like a kitten castration clinic than solos.
I just really stopped listening to them. It's not like the music is terrible or anything, for me it was just a phase that I grew out of.

I guess bandwagon, opinion and ignorance are the major causes.
Quote by StewieSwan
But Slash isn't as ridiculous as XXXSYNYSTER666GATESxxx. I don't hate a7x, I'm just saying that it sounds like a 12-year-old came up with their stage names.

Well The Rev came up with it.
IIRC they were out drinking one night, and The Rev was goofing around and they went to the cemetery and he saw the gates and said those gates look sinister. Then he said to Brian that he is now Synyster Gates. Something like that.

The name wasn't trying to be 'cool' or anything, there was a story behind it and it just stuck.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by FrauVfromPoB
Yeah, their stage names don't bother me. Except for Zacky Vengeance. That's just stupid. I just legitimately don't enjoy their music. It fails to capture my interest. There was this one song I heard by them once though which struck me as very 90's punk-ish, and it wasn't too bad. Apparently it was a very old song by them.

Was it this song?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCahIELMcrI
It's from their first album in 2001. The song was written for M. Shadows' other band, a punk band called Successful Failure.
Last edited by xShade at Aug 31, 2011,
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
My friend told me in an interview that M. Shadows claimed that the band is more talented than anyone else and he's the best singer alive.

You're wrong, unless you give a source.

SKEDIT: ^ I thought it might have been that song as well.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by skylerjames13

The stage names listed are all douchebag-indicators. I see a pattern emerging...
They're very boring and bland. And they're silly.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Now everyone tries to distance themselves from the bandwagon. I love it.

On topic, their music isn't interesting to me, so I don't comment on it much. It's not good enough that I listen to it regularly and it's not bad enough to incite commentary. It's just kind of blah.
Quote by Basti95
The stage names listed are all douchebag-indicators. I see a pattern emerging...

Well I could find more, just picked the easy ones.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke

Why were you interviewing your friend?
Quote by skylerjames13

Stop jumping on the A7X are awesome bandwagon.
Their singer sounds like a wheezing old man, swearing unconvincingly (except when he attempts crooning, and puts on this really weird nasal voice that the human voice really shouldn't sound like), their metal-style riffs have very little energy or power, and the hooks that are supposed to be catchy are dull. They sound like a really unsuccessful mix of metal and pop.

If they wanted to mix metal with pop in an unshit way,they should have done this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG2ZTYIrP7U
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Aug 31, 2011,
Quote by severed-metal
Stop jumping on the A7X are awesome bandwagon.

I'm not. I don't think they are awesome. I just think the hate they get is very un-deserved and I'm just defending with valid points.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Have you heard their singer. That's why.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by skylerjames13

You're wrong, unless you give a source.

SKEDIT: ^ I thought it might have been that song as well.

I think he says something of the sort, though it's taken out of context. I think it's in the "All Ecxess" documentary, and he says that he plays with the most talented group of musicians... and Johnny. He didn't say it in an over-confident manner, but more like, "I love these guys lol no homo" kinda way.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by skylerjames13
I'm not. I don't think they are awesome. I just think the hate they get is very un-deserved and I'm just defending with valid points.

To each his own. Many of people don't like them and saying that everyone jumps on the bandwagon is nonsensical. You missed the point of what I wrote, and took it as a shot against yourself instead.
Quote by carlos_almighty
he plays with the most talented group of musicians... and Johnny.

Quote by carlos_almighty
I think he says something of the sort, though it's taken out of context. I think it's in the "All Ecxess" documentary, and he says that he plays with the most talented group of musicians... and Johnny. He didn't say it in an over-confident manner, but more like, "I love these guys lol no homo" kinda way.

Ahh, I see. That's just stupid that people take that way out of context like that. All bands say they play with the most talented group of musicians because they are great friends. They aren't saying they are the best.

If I was in a band and on great terms with them like that, I would do the same thing.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Page 1 of 4