So, my Boss BR800 Recorder won't connect to my computer.

It won't pick up the USB lead and turn on using it, but will run on it's batteries and the plug.

Any suggestions?
SOLO STUFF HERE!
www.myspace.com/antioneire

BAND HERE!
www.myspace.com/theprojectire

Quote by element4433
See...this is why we make a plan. You have to know how you're going to masturbate in every situation.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
We're bros, bro. Not 'mos.
Quote by Afroboy267
Try the Port with another USB device and see if it works. If so then i'd recommend try another USB cable.

Yeah ima have to use another USB.. Thanks!
SOLO STUFF HERE!

BAND HERE!

Quote by element4433
See...this is why we make a plan. You have to know how you're going to masturbate in every situation.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Does the connection work if you aren't using it as the power source as well? It may be that the unit is only designed to use USB for data, not power.

Also, is it a standard USB lead that you can test on another piece of equipment (eg mobile phone)? It could just be a dodgy cable.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Does the connection work if you aren't using it as the power source as well? It may be that the unit is only designed to use USB for data, not power.

Also, is it a standard USB lead that you can test on another piece of equipment (eg mobile phone)? It could just be a dodgy cable.

No it's used as power as well, I was using it yesterday for power.

And no, but the USB port is working on other stuff, so I'm praying it's a dodgy lead
SOLO STUFF HERE!

BAND HERE!

Quote by element4433

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Dead Ringer
No it's used as power as well, I was using it yesterday for power.

And no, but the USB port is working on other stuff, so I'm praying it's a dodgy lead

If it was working yesterday and it isn't today, a dodgy cable definitely sounds like the most obvious answer.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
If it was working yesterday and it isn't today, a dodgy cable definitely sounds like the most obvious answer.

That's what I'm hoping.
I just hope it didn't fall or get knocked or something while I was out today.
SOLO STUFF HERE!

BAND HERE!

Quote by element4433

Quote by Jack Off Jill
BR800 manual, trouble shooting...

why the usb won't power the recorder??

Is sufficient power being supplied to your computer or USB hub?

The connection cannot be established if insufficient power is being supplied to the
BR-800. Make sure that none of the following cases apply.

• If you’re using a notebook computer that’s running on its battery, operation may
be unstable in the case of some computers. In this case, connect an AC adaptor to
your computer.
• The power management settings of your computer may be limiting the power that
is supplied to USB. Check the settings on your computer.
• In some cases, the BR-800 cannot be used with bus-powered hubs (USB hubs that
do not contain a power supply). Please use a self-powered hub (a hub that
contains a power supply
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011