Hello !

I have a problem with my new Guitar.
this is a Schecter Japan BH-I with a VG300 Tremolo.

The problem is that on the internet, I see many videos of guitar with VG300, very smooth and with a floating capability (even vibrating the bridge when slapping the whammy bar)...

However, when I received the guitar, the vibrato was too hard and absolutely NOT floating...

I unscrewed the springs screws on the back of the guitar, in order to render the vibrato floating, but nothing happens (even with screws unscrewed about 2 cm, 1 inch)...
So I guess the springs are too strong, it's why I bought light springs : but 2 issues still remaining :

- The vibrato is still too hard, floating, but can't even slap my whammy bar to vibrate the string... However, I can push the vibrato in a hardest way, it stay perfectly in tune !
- When I pull the vibrato, the guitar is out of tune... but if I bend or push the bar, the good position (in which it stay in tune) go back...

Any idea ?
Okay I'm not entirely sure what your problem is, but let me see if I can decipher it.

- the trem is not responsive enough, you can't do any flutter/gargle with it.
- it's stiff.
- it doesn't stay in tune when you pull up, but returns to pitch when you dive or bend a string.

What that tells me is that it has some issue with the knife edge for the last one. As for the first two, try taking a spring out and resetting the trem.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
the last one and the first two, I mean your issues that I noted in my post.

Ie, the last one being, "it doesn't stay in tune when you pull up, but returns to pitch when you dive or bend a string."
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Ok, I tried removing one spring, even two, but it can't vibrate, and still stiff and not as smooth as I can see in videos :/

And for the knife edge, the guitar (and vibrato) is absolutely new, so I don't know why I'm experiencing these issues...
Did you try the guitar out before buying it? My wilkinson VS100 isn't stiff at all.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
The guitar comes from Japan... it's difficult to try it before !

However, do you think the problem comes from the vibrato or the guitar itself ?