Hey UG im looking to trade out or sell my Bugera V22 on CL. Some guy is offereing to trade me an ADA 2x12 cab. I don't know much about these cabs at all. He says they're loaded with Celestion V30's. Any advice on whether or not this is a good trade?
Quote by r4ster
Pedalboard wood alters the tone

To each his own

Gear-
'06 Gibson Les Paul Standard Vintage Sunburst
Bugera V22
Fulltone OCD
Dunlop Crybaby w/ Fasel
Could be if you like V30's. My buddy picked up an ADA 2x12 at a pawn shop for under $100 and it sounds good with the stock speakers. He gigs with it all the time.
Hmm alright, well im gonna get an Egnater Tweaker head and i'm looking for a cab, but i feel the Bugera is worth more than a straight trade for his cab. I may just wait to sell it for around $325 and just get an Avatar 2x12
Quote by r4ster

To each his own

Gear-
Bugera V22
Fulltone OCD
Dunlop Crybaby w/ Fasel
Well a price of $325 isn't bad for a decent 2x12 with V30's. But if V30's aren't your thing then it's not worth it. I'd say that cab with the original speakers is worth maybe $150. But you're paying for the speaker upgrade.
Yah, i like v30's im not really digging the deal. I think im just gonna sell the amp and probably opt for a 112 instead. 212 seems excessive for just recording and jamming with friends etc.
Quote by r4ster

To each his own

Gear-
Bugera V22
Fulltone OCD
Dunlop Crybaby w/ Fasel
I'm not trying to talk you into that cab but a 2x12 can be nice for playing at home. The larger cabinet changes the way it sounds. In a good way IMO. I picked up a nice Crate 2x12 for $100 on CL. Maybe you could sell your amp for $325 and offer him $225.

Yah, tbh im still pretty on the fence about what i want to get. I think i will opt for a 2x12, the vertical ADA is pretty cool, but Idk if the nappy carpet covering and metal grill are my thing haha. Thanks for the info tho. And the Blackstar on the crate v212 cab looks pretty sweet =)
Quote by r4ster

To each his own

Gear-
Bugera V22
Fulltone OCD
Dunlop Crybaby w/ Fasel
Yeah the carpet and grill are a bit funky. My buddy has a Rebel 20 so he painted the grill to match the cane color. It's a solid cab though.
i hate to be debbie downer but i think you are a bit optimistic on what you can sell the V22 for.

they aren't much more than that new, when buying used, people want to see a far amount off the new price. or they would just rather buy new.

i hope it works out for you, good luck with the sale.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
i hate to be debbie downer but i think you are a bit optimistic on what you can sell the V22 for.

they aren't much more than that new, when buying used, people want to see a far amount off the new price. or they would just rather buy new.

i hope it works out for you, good luck with the sale.

I agree if you can get $250 for it I would be very surprised. I think oyur really looking more at @$200. Yes I own a BUgera, but they have absolutely no resale value. You'd probably sell an MG faster and for more $$
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yah i know im being optimistic, i usually price things high so i can work out a deal at a lower price. I was pretty much shooting for around that but doesn't hurt to try ¯\_(ツ_/¯
Quote by r4ster

To each his own

Gear-
Bugera V22
Fulltone OCD
Dunlop Crybaby w/ Fasel