Getting a 5150 and 60 watts is too strong. How well do they work for keeping volume low and quality up?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
You mean a power-attenuator? They help a little, but it isn't a miracle cure or anything. Speaker movement also matters (a lot).
WTLTL 2011
Tube dampers keep the volume of tube rattle low. Mark G's advice is probably what you are looking for.
Yep, I couldn't remember what they were called. How well to attenuators work, then?

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Quote by Pinky19
Yep, I couldn't remember what they were called. How well to attenuators work, then?

Like I said before, they help a little but it is not a miracle cure. You'll be able to turn up your amp a little more (depending on the brand, model, etc.), but if you push it too hard it'll lose some lows and highs. You also have to consider that a lot of the sound is determined by speaker movement and speaker breakup. Turning up the amp is not only important for the tubes, but also for the speakers. If you want the best speaker sounds you'll have to be loud.
WTLTL 2011
would it be a waste then, for lower volumes? I guess I could just get a vypr, but I really was looking forward to it

Quote by Pinky19
would it be a waste then, for lower volumes? I guess I could just get a vypr, but I really was looking forward to it

Buy an EQ pedal. I have a 6505 head and use an EQ in the effects loop. It sounds great on 1. It's not the same as cranked, but definitely good at low volume.
im just afraid of having that "flat" sound that not having speakers opened get. I guess since im getting it for 470 i could always get my money back, if not more, via resell

Quote by Pinky19
im just afraid of having that "flat" sound that not having speakers opened get. I guess since im getting it for 470 i could always get my money back, if not more, via resell

It sounds like you are wanting power tube distortion and not pre amp tube distortion. If that be the case you do not want a 5150.

What kind of music are you looking to play?
I like metal, from Van Halen, to all those sillynillys in Sweden. I also dig me some blues and jazz hardcore, and I think the clean on the 6505+ would be sufficient. I've also just kinda always wanted one of these beauties. But from metal, bluesy jazz, and maybe some floyd even. I play more of the metal than anything. I wish there was a low watt tube amp that isn't 800 dollars, a la tiny terror

peavey windsor, vypyr, or 5150? ANy other suggestions? Low ish volumes with those genres.

Just use the volume knob.

everything sounds better loud. Whether it's a 5W amp of a 50W amp it is going to sound better when it's loud.

Get the 5150, be happy knowing you have an amp that you like.