what gauge strings would you all recommend for a low tuning like drop B
Blues, classical, metal. Who says you cant love all 3?
11 gauge? I don't tune that low so I really haven't the slightest clue.
PSN - Boosted928
.12s

however, 11s, 12s, 13s and 14s are all good for drop B and below.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
If you want to play fast and technical you need thicker strings, if you aren't then your standard strings will probably work.
What do you guys listen to when playing video games?
Quote by DemonicSamurai

Quote by T3hdude

Men fapping.

Sorry, didn't realize I was that loud.

I'll be leaving your closet now.
^ he actually needs an instrument with a longer (than standard) neck but thicker strings will help a little.
Quote by z4twenny
^ he actually needs an instrument with a longer (than standard) neck but thicker strings will help a little.

This.

And it matters what tone you want. If you want a djentier (more metallic with a pop and heavily accented lower notes) tone than you need to use lighter gauge strings. If you want a more full-bodied, powerful sound (not to say "djenty" isn't powerful!) than a longer neck/thicker string combination would be better for you.

For the former, I'd go with .52's or .46's (my preference) with a 25" neck. For the latter, I'd go with .56's and a 27" neck (a 26.5" will work fine, even though that's a bit harder to find).
13s

Light top, heavy bottom if you can find em
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Last edited by Wiegenlied at Aug 31, 2011,
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
ive tuned down to C standard a few times with 12's and honestly, i dont think anything lighter would be right. maybe ernie ball beffy's which are 11 to 54. i dont think a regular set of 11's would be that good that low.

C Standard is also technically lower than Drop B though (all strings but 1).