Hey guys. I really hope that I'm posting to the right forum this time. Well, I've spent the last few months upgrading my guitar amps and I think I'm set as far as that goes -- got myself two 5150s. Now, my birthday is comin' up on the 2nd and I'm gonna use money that I get from that to put towards a new guitar. I've narrowed it down to the LTD Alexi-600 and the B.C. Rich Chuck Schuldiner Stealth. I like the Alexi because I've used LTDs for years and loved every single one. Although, I mainly play in D Standard and Drop C and messing with a Floyd Rose is something that I absolutely hate, as far as tuning and changing strings goes. I like the B.C. Rich because Chuck is my biggest influence and I'm a HUGE Death fan. I also very much like the X2N pickup the guitar has.

All in all, I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with the two mentioned guitars. I'd like to know build quality, how good the neck is, does it stay in tune, does the neck dive when you let go of it, etc, etc. Thanks!
Jackson RR24
Marshall JCM800 2203

\m/
You could try a Jackson rhoads. They have more or less the same shape as the alexi but don't have the floyd. I owned an RR5 for a bit and it was a great guitar. The compound radius fretboard was really cool.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Uhm...yeah, Jackson RR's have Floyd's.

EDIT: Oh here ya go guy! *some*.
Last edited by LostKeys at Aug 31, 2011,
Quote by LostKeys

uhm...yeah and some models don't do your homework before you look stupid

i liked the Stealth but make sure you get the good one and not the cheapie.
Last edited by monwobobbo at Aug 31, 2011,
Quote by LostKeys

RR5 and RR1T don't
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Stop the arguing, please. What is the "cheapie" version of the Stealth? I found the $900 one. That's not very cheap in my eyes.
Jackson RR24
Marshall JCM800 2203

\m/
Quote by Cross Pain
Stop the arguing, please. What is the "cheapie" version of the Stealth? I found the $900 one. That's not very cheap in my eyes.

'Stealth One', I believe
Quote by pigeonmafia
'Stealth One', I believe

I think you're right. Most B.C. Rich bottom of the line stuff has 'One' at the end of the name. But TS, don't cheap out when it comes to B.C. Rich. My Warbeast One is bottom line, and I'm not happy with it at all. I've played top of the line stuff of theirs and they do make great guitars. But like anything else in the world, you get what you pay for.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
I think you're right. Most B.C. Rich bottom of the line stuff has 'One' at the end of the name. But TS, don't cheap out when it comes to B.C. Rich. My Warbeast One is bottom line, and I'm not happy with it at all. I've played top of the line stuff of theirs and they do make great guitars. But like anything else in the world, you get what you pay for.

I agree. The bottom end BC rich stuff is balls.

Like most bottom end guitars available, really
Quote by monwobobbo

That noob was kinda right and just because you haven't been touched by a woman in 8 years you gotta put him down, shame on you.
Quote by lucky1978
That noob was kinda right and just because you haven't been touched by a woman in 8 years you gotta put him down, shame on you.

Begone, troll
Again, if you see someone being a troll or arguing, ignore them. I still haven't gotten many answers. For those that have given some information, thank you. So, if the model name has "One" on the end, I'll avoid it, that's kind of all I've gathered thus far.
Jackson RR24
Marshall JCM800 2203

\m/
Quote by Cross Pain
Again, if you see someone being a troll or arguing, ignore them. I still haven't gotten many answers. For those that have given some information, thank you. So, if the model name has "One" on the end, I'll avoid it, that's kind of all I've gathered thus far.

Both have good build quality if you get the normal stealth and the -600 ltd.

Neck is, of course, personal preference.

Both stay in tune.

The Alexi did dive when I tried one, but I've a few people say the Stealth dived, although it was the Rizzo 7 string
There are better things out there than both tbh.

Whats your budget? Are you willing to go 2nd hand?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by lucky1978

well no he was totally wrong there are hardtail RR models. i didn't put him down i just pointed out that that kind of post will make him look stupid. kinda like this kind of post makes you look stupid. for the record i'm happily married and have no problem getting touched by a woman. also i've been being touched by woman before you were born skippy so put a cork in it. i would have expected a far more educated response from a guy that works in micro biology.

OP there is a new low end stealth and that is what i was refering to. the Chuck Stealth i played came out a few years back and was a limited edition tribute model. very nice guitar. is the one you are talking about new or used?

ok looked it up and there are 2 new stealth models the stealth one is a real cheapie and the NT model is better (mrsp of $700 so probably goes for around $500 new). both are 2 picup models where as the chuck was a 1 pup model.
Last edited by monwobobbo at Aug 31, 2011,
Quote by pigeonmafia
Begone, troll

My sincerest apologies to this thread. I clicked on it and realized that the guy was looking for a metal guitar and I don't play metal so I shouldn't have commented. In my defense I'm not a troll, I was the idiot who fell for the troll and it won't happen again. The guy with the 2 new peavey amps looking for a new guitar can punch me in the arm as hard as he feel's reasonable, I'm in Cleveland most of the time. Sorry and happy pickin' to the rest of you
Quote by monwobobbo
well no he was totally wrong there are hardtail RR models. i didn't put him down i just pointed out that that kind of post will make him look stupid. kinda like this kind of post makes you look stupid. for the record i'm happily married and have no problem getting touched by a woman. also i've been being touched by woman before you were born skippy so put a cork in it. i would have expected a far more educated response from a guy that works in micro biology.

OP there is a new low end stealth and that is what i was refering to. the Chuck Stealth i played came out a few years back and was a limited edition tribute model. very nice guitar. is the one you are talking about new or used?

ok looked it up and there are 2 new stealth models the stealth one is a real cheapie and the NT model is better (mrsp of $700 so probably goes for around $500 new). both are 2 picup models where as the chuck was a 1 pup model.

I am looking used. I found some for about $600 which is my max budget. Both the Alexi-600 and the Chuck Stealth that I found go used for about $600.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-BC-RICH-CSTSO-CHUCK-SHULDINER-STEALTH-ELEC-GTR-ONYX-Q111-106544661-i1863039.gc
Jackson RR24
Marshall JCM800 2203

\m/
Quote by lucky1978
My sincerest apologies to this thread. I clicked on it and realized that the guy was looking for a metal guitar and I don't play metal so I shouldn't have commented. In my defense I'm not a troll, I was the idiot who fell for the troll and it won't happen again. The guy with the 2 new peavey amps looking for a new guitar can punch me in the arm as hard as he feel's reasonable, I'm in Cleveland most of the time. Sorry and happy pickin' to the rest of you

hahahhaahah. *ARM PUNCH* all the way to Cleveland, from right here in Montana. Thank you for your comments.
Jackson RR24
Marshall JCM800 2203

\m/
Quote by monwobobbo

My apologies this guy too.
Quote by Tom 1.0
There are better things out there than both tbh.

Whats your budget? Are you willing to go 2nd hand?

Only about a $600 budget, man. New/used, don't matter to me.
Jackson RR24
Marshall JCM800 2203

\m/
Quote by pigeonmafia
Both have good build quality if you get the normal stealth and the -600 ltd.

Neck is, of course, personal preference.

Both stay in tune.

The Alexi did dive when I tried one, but I've a few people say the Stealth dived, although it was the Rizzo 7 string

Thank you for the info.
Jackson RR24
Marshall JCM800 2203

\m/
i'd try to find out exactly which stealth model it is year and all. then we'd have a better idea of what to tell you. i've played the AL LTD and thought it was ok but to much of a one trick pony for me. personally i'd consider a guitar with more than one pickup as those tend to be very limited. you can always throw an X2N in any guitar to get the Death sound (at least reasonably so)
Quote by monwobobbo
i'd try to find out exactly which stealth model it is year and all. then we'd have a better idea of what to tell you. i've played the AL LTD and thought it was ok but to much of a one trick pony for me. personally i'd consider a guitar with more than one pickup as those tend to be very limited. you can always throw an X2N in any guitar to get the Death sound (at least reasonably so)

More or less. I'll look more into exact model and year.
Jackson RR24
Marshall JCM800 2203

\m/
Quote by monwobobbo

Aww, aren't you a big boy? I said that because the guy made it sound like none of them do, I never said that there weren't any that did not have FR's. Obviously some models do and some don't. Albeit I did not make that point clear, so I am partly to blame, but that witty comment was unnecessary. Act your age, not mine.
To thread starter: To not come on your thread only to argue, I'll just throw you an opinion and say the Rich. I don't see the wonder of a single pickup guitar, but EMG's of any race don't sound great, in my ears. And in my opinion the B.C Rich sounds like a better deal, especially since you don't like Floyd's. As the badass said, the X2N will throw you more rope for getting that Death sound.
Quote by LostKeys
To thread starter: To not come on your thread only to argue, I'll just throw you an opinion and say the Rich. I don't see the wonder of a single pickup guitar, but EMG's of any race don't sound great, in my ears. And in my opinion the B.C Rich sounds like a better deal, especially since you don't like Floyd's. As the badass said, the X2N will throw you more rope for getting that Death sound.

Well, thank you for contributing to more than the argument. I'm mainly just a rhythm player, so a one pickup guitar would suit my needs quite well.
Jackson RR24
Marshall JCM800 2203

\m/
Quote by Cross Pain
Well, thank you for contributing to more than the argument. I'm mainly just a rhythm player, so a one pickup guitar would suit my needs quite well.

Oh I see. Well, then definitely the Rich at that. But may I suggest this? This is just a favourite of mine, and I own one myself. Neck-thru, 24 Jumbo frets, 2 volume 1 tone, and a beautiful shape and finish. Quite an amazing guitar to be honest, when usually I don't like Rich's. But seriously, I would check this out. And it's only $599.
Last edited by LostKeys at Sep 1, 2011,
Quote by LostKeys
Oh I see. Well, then definitely the Rich at that. But may I suggest this? This is just a favourite of mine, and I own one myself. Neck-thru, 24 Jumbo frets, 2 volume 1 tone, and a beautiful shape and finish. Quite an amazing guitar to be honest, when usually I don't like Rich's. But seriously, I would check this out. And it's only $599.

Ooooooooo. That guitar is beautiful. I'll definitely look into it! Thanks, man.
Jackson RR24
Marshall JCM800 2203

\m/
Quote by LostKeys
Aww, aren't you a big boy? I said that because the guy made it sound like none of them do, I never said that there weren't any that did not have FR's. Obviously some models do and some don't. Albeit I did not make that point clear, so I am partly to blame, but that witty comment was unnecessary. Act your age, not mine.

oh sorry i didn't realize that you were just a kid and don't know how to properly express yourself. your original statement in no way implied that you realized that there are indeed RR's without a floyd. that is totally your fault. oh and your "witty" comebacks need work. oh and if i acted my age i'd be giving you a speech about respecting your elders. that's no fun though.

OK ENOUGH of this nonsense back to the thread

just because you play rhythm don't limit yourself to one pickup. more tones available is never a bad thing. in the future you may play leads or at lest want to play some fills to keep the songs interesting.
Quote by monwobobbo
oh sorry i didn't realize that you were just a kid and don't know how to properly express yourself. your original statement in no way implied that you realized that there are indeed RR's without a floyd. that is totally your fault. oh and your "witty" comebacks need work. oh and if i acted my age i'd be giving you a speech about respecting your elders. that's no fun though.

OK ENOUGH of this nonsense back to the thread

just because you play rhythm don't limit yourself to one pickup. more tones available is never a bad thing. in the future you may play leads or at lest want to play some fills to keep the songs interesting.
Now you're telling me what I already admitted? Maybe your "wife" can teach you about maturity, and being the bigger person. Or is she too busy with her mouth filled by you to say anything to you ever? You see that? I am a kid, I can say those things, by default I 'must' be ignorant. You're supposedly an adult, you should be ashamed to keep this going. So take some advice, and don't. You're just making yourself look worse.
Quote by LostKeys
Now you're telling me what I already admitted? Maybe your "wife" can teach you about maturity, and being the bigger person. Or is she too busy with her mouth filled by you to say anything to you ever? You see that? I am a kid, I can say those things, by default I 'must' be ignorant. You're supposedly an adult, you should be ashamed to keep this going. So take some advice, and don't. You're just making yourself look worse.

ah, i see your parents have done a fine job with you. be sure to show them this response and see how proud they are. adults are allowed to have fun to.if you choose to take my little jabs seriously i can't help that. once again you really need to work on your insults as that was really lame and when you get down to it not very insulting to me. the key to effective communication is to use methods understood by the person you wish to communicate with. obviously i got through to you. i don't take any of this seriously and just came to give some advice. you were wrong and i pointed it out. i wasn't the only one that did. now if you are done lets get back to the thread.
Quote by monwobobbo
ah, i see your parents have done a fine job with you. be sure to show them this response and see how proud they are. adults are allowed to have fun to.if you choose to take my little jabs seriously i can't help that. once again you really need to work on your insults as that was really lame and when you get down to it not very insulting to me. the key to effective communication is to use methods understood by the person you wish to communicate with. obviously i got through to you. i don't take any of this seriously and just came to give some advice. you were wrong and i pointed it out. i wasn't the only one that did. now if you are done lets get back to the thread.

Oh I'm sorry my methods of communication are incomprehensible to you, maybe you should go try educating yourself a little more. "Oh he thinks he's smart 'cause he used a 7th grade level word! Ooh time for one of my amazing comebacks!" The thread is over. All you got through to me and the three people who have actually read what you have been typing, is that you are a complete tool. There, I finally threw an insult at you, did I win? Yet again, you act like my peers. Looks like Mom & Dad didn't do too well with you either hmm? Wail all you want kid, nobody is going to read what you're saying.
Last edited by LostKeys at Sep 2, 2011,
Monwobobbo won that one I reckon. Best not to start a battle of wits when your unarmed.
Quote by LostKeys
Oh I'm sorry my methods of communication are incomprehensible to you, maybe you should go try educating yourself a little more. "Oh he thinks he's smart 'cause he used a 7th grade level word! Ooh time for one of my amazing comebacks!" The thread is over. All you got through to me and the three people who have actually read what you have been typing, is that you are a complete tool. There, I finally threw an insult at you, did I win? Yet again, you act like my peers. Looks like Mom & Dad didn't do too well with you either hmm? Wail all you want kid, nobody is going to read what you're saying.

Your method of communication that he was referring to is saying one thing but "apparently" meaning another (or you're doing what most people do and change their argument when they're wrong because they can't admit it).
Quote by metalmannn
Your method of communication that he was referring to is saying one thing but "apparently" meaning another (or you're doing what most people do and change their argument when they're wrong because they can't admit it).

Well, I never changed my argument. My original post was stating, that RR's had Floyd's too. He perceived it as me saying that they all did, which is absurd. Nobody really won the argument I think, it just turned out to two people bitching at each other for the sake of bitching, as apparently neither of us made any sort of point. I mean if you could show me where I changed my argument I would gladly clarify. And the funny thing is, the person who I was replying to said the exact opposite of what I did, and he chose to take his crap out on me.

EDIT: I shouldn't have posted, as this will now be on page one for someone to post more b.s. Can the TS please delete the thread? Nobody does that for some reason. Causes so much forum clutter..
Last edited by LostKeys at Sep 2, 2011,