Hi guys

Im wanting to upgrade my rig just a little bit, i've got the heads that i want and the guitars and the cabs now i need a bit of help with pedals which i have literally bugger all experience with if im honest

im playing a lot of Djent and prog so im definitely considering a boost and/or noise gate which one to choose i dont really know. i can really only afford the one pedal right now max budget of around £150

my amps are a 3 channel and 2 channel dual rec just for reference, so what do you guys think??

cheers
Ed
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
are you having noise issues? it would seem with the amps you have especially a 3 channel one that you should be able to dial in a good clean/rhythm/lead sound with just the amp.

the answer is get the pedal that fills the more pressing need.
For djent with a Mesa Rectumfrier definitely

(0. tuner)
1. OD/TS
2. Noise Suppressor
3. Compressor/sustainer
WTLTL 2011
Don't need a tuner, already sorted for that

So it looks like it's best to start with an OD, just a standard TS9 then??

I only have noise issues with the 2 channel, not the 3 channel unless I'm properly cranking it
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by shredftw
Don't need a tuner, already sorted for that

So it looks like it's best to start with an OD, just a standard TS9 then??

I only have noise issues with the 2 channel, not the 3 channel unless I'm properly cranking it

Why a TS9 when you could get a TS7 and mod it for 5 bucks to 808 specs?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Decent EQ Pedal= second best tone for dollar difference in my experience. I don't own a lot of pedals but I've bought and sold a lot of gear to get to the amps and guitars I have now and while the best was going from a 30W modeler to a 60W Tube, second best would easily be the EQ pedal.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?