Okay, so for reasons too complicated/convoluted to explain, I've decided I need to own a Kramer. My question is this - has anyone had any experience with the Kramers produced after Gibson bought them out? Any comments or suggestions on what to look for? This isn't going to be a 1st, 2nd or even 3rd guitar so I'm really just concerned with structural and functional integrity and not opposed to swapping out pickups or even electronics and such if I have to in order to turn it into a good instrument, but I need something with a good quality vs. price ratio. Anybody have any opinions or comments?
Some I have tried have been absolutely lurvely for the price. Others... not so good. I would say overall they are an okay brand.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Oh, as a heads up, I play a variety of style, but would be using the Kramer to mess around with shredding in general, which isn't something I normally play.
Well I know at least one person here got a Striker 211 custom, and loved it. I'm kind of partial to the 80's Kramers myself.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by Banjocal
Some I have tried have been absolutely lurvely for the price. Others... not so good. I would say overall they are an okay brand.

pretty much

my striker is pretty meh (nothing really wrong with it, and it was cheap, but i'm not too fussed), while the jersey star reissue was very nice. I haven't tried them since they updated their models, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Pacer classic is a great guitar for the money. With a pickup upgrade it would be better though. The new line is coming out soon and have much better specs. I would recommend kramer.
While I haven't personally played one, I've been at stores whilst my friends tried them twice(both times it was a Vanguard but it was two different Vanguards). Both sounded very nice, and me and my buddy the first time couldn't tell much tonal difference between the Vanguard and a higher-end Jackson Dinky he tried(I'm pretty sure it was a DK2S, it's the HSS model with a Sustainiac) and he found the Kramer's neck nicer, and the second time(I was with a guitarist who was just starting out this time), I managed to get some very nice tones out of a Fender Mustang amp with it. So...yeah. Very nice guitars for what you pay, it would seem, and they most certainly sound better than the Epiphones in the price range for shred. xD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
The newer Kramer's are typical MIK guitars. Try one before you buy it to make sure it is built well and in good condition. I've heard of a few issues of loose bolts and screws on the guitars as well. One friend had a Kramer that wouldn't stay in tune,it ended up being the locking nut was not attached well and had to be tightened. Not the locks but the actual bolts holding the nut on. Another had a loose trem block.

My first Pacer Classic was a hunk of junk and I had to send it back. Electronics barely worked,CAR paint had bad black smears in it,and it looked like it was assembled by a 6 year old. The replacement was a nice guitar and in much better condition.

My new Kramer still sits in it's box and my real Kramer's get all the play.
My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
gtfo

*reported*
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?