I always say I'm going to make a ngd and every time I get distracted by my shiny new toy. NO MORE! Over the summer I've been accumulating a good amount of gear, and this time, a ngd will be had.

I started the summer off with probably my best purchase yet, A Whitebox 1x12. Black vinyl with white piping, brown/oxblood grill, and a Celestion V30. I was originally going to get a 2x12 with some eminence but decided to go with the 1x12 for space and weight reasons. Behold:

My brother's Bugera on top. Cab to the left is a gutted Crate V18, on top are my Peavey VTM60 and Blackstar HT-5:

Whitebox 1x12 cab w/ Celestion V30
This was one of those times when I didn't realize just how bad my cab was until I used a better one. The back has detachable segments for closed, half, and open back configuration, I haven't messed with that yet. The whitebox has infinitely more low end than my crate, the high end isn't harsh and it's far more articulate. Practically everything I didn't like about my tone was remedied. I was hesitant to spend so much on a cab at first, for whatever reason I always thought of cabs as sort of a secondary piece of gear, less important than the amp or guitar. This has completely changed my perception. My sound immediately opened up and was far more articulate. A rock solid cab, certainly worth the investment.

I also made a voltage sag for my LBM pi to get dying battery sounds while using my next acquisition:

A fuel tank jr. Here's the voltage sag (no housing yet):

T-Rex Fuel tank Jr.
Nothing really to review here. It does what its supposed to. The outputs are isolated which is good. Not really a necessity, but I've probably spent well over $50 on 9v's over the years, and I like knowing my pedals always have juice.

Voltage Sag
This took like 10 mins to build and probably $4 in parts. Now I don't have to save dying 9v's to get that nasty tone out of my LBM pi, cool beans. A good starter project for anyone interested in learning to solder.

Next up, a new interface to replace my old UX1:

Focusrite Saffire 6
My Line6 Toneport UX1 died on me and I needed a replacement. I'd seen the Focusrite Saffire 6 recommended time and time again and decided to give it a try. It feels WAY more solid than my UX1, the knobs feel smooth and the jacks more secure. To my peasant ears the inputs are crystal clear. I can now record my brother's midi drums (both the triggered sound and the midi) along with my guitar when we jam, which makes piecing songs together from the jam material a lot easier. 0 latency without touching the ASIO settings. Awesome interface, everything I wish my UX1 had and nothing I don't need.

And what's a new interface without a sweet new computer! It's a Mythlogic Pollux 1411, it looks much better in person, camera flash really hates LCDs.
Freebies:

Too dark without the flash, annoying glare with, I just can't win, can I?

Mythlogic Pollux 1411
Mythlogic is a computer company based in Michigan, they buy barebones laptops from Clevo (the same barebones used by alienware and sager) and add in the other components in house. They do a great 3 day burn-in and stress test to ensure everything works and the test results are left on the desktop. Everyone I talked to was insanely nice and they even used my windows 7 key so I wouldn't have to install it myself. Normally if you don't order an OS they wipe the drive after testing. Specs:
CPU: i7 2720qm
GPU: 540m
RAM: 8gb ddr3 1600
HDD1: Crucial M4 64gb SSD
HDD2: 640gb 7200rpm
Screen: Matte 95% NTSC Color Gamut (1920x1080)

At stock they were a good bit more expensive than some other offerings but they offer the upgrades for much less. RAM and CPU upgrades were dirt cheap and they had a wider selection of SSDs, again at a better price. So in the end it was actually a reasonably priced machine compared to the other sites I was looking at. It's the fasted computer I've ever had, windows boots in under 15 secs and Reaper actually makes use of all 8 threads, so I don't forsee running into any slowdowns, past using an insane amount of virtual instruments. An excessive purchse, especially for a college student? Most certainly. But, a purchase I am happy? Again, most certainly.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
And my most recent purchase, and a very exciting one I might add.
MIDI!!!!!!

PICKS!!!!!!!!

The ultex are pretty cool, a very sharp attack. I haven't tried the tortex yet, I usually use standard 1mm tortex but figured I'd give the sharps a try.

EDIT: Holy massive pics Batman. I can resize them if need be but if it's not an issue I'm not going to go through he effort.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Last edited by robertito696 at Aug 31, 2011,
Happy NGD!!

Are there instructions anywhere for that voltage sag? i might have to make on.
I make band posters!

Epiphone Special II, Squier Classic Vibe Tele-->
Toyroom Effects Louder-->
Boss SD-1, DD-3, RV-5-->
Line 6 DL4-->
Vox AC15c1
HAPPY NGD!!!

How much did your laptop run? Always love new computers.
Congrats on all the fine stuff, however shame on you having all this stuff and not providing clips .
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by chip46
Were you planning on putting the voltage sag in an enclosure? If so you'll have to de-solder that pot or the 9v adapters to get it in.

I'm assuming he's just going to run a cable from the tank to the sag and then another cable out from the sag to the pedal... although i'm still interested in what value pot he's using?
I make band posters!

Epiphone Special II, Squier Classic Vibe Tele-->
Toyroom Effects Louder-->
Boss SD-1, DD-3, RV-5-->
Line 6 DL4-->
Vox AC15c1
Quote by bluestratplayer
Congrats on all the fine stuff, however shame on you having all this stuff and not providing clips

yeah, especially when the new stuff includes and interface and a computer. tsk tsk.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by bluestratplayer
Congrats on all the fine stuff, however shame on you having all this stuff and not providing clips .

congrats TS!
Quote by ourmagichour
Happy NGD!!

Are there instructions anywhere for that voltage sag? i might have to make on.

This is the diagram I used: http://www.beavisaudio.com/projects/DBS/

I apologize for the lack of clips. I'm packing up for college so I've been kind of busy, and I knew if I didn't do the ngd now it wasn't going to happen. Clips tomorrow perhaps.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Nice gear man

HNGD!
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Ultex'es are the best! nice laptop and finally,

HNSH*TD
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED