I am senior in the Graphic Design program at KU, and my project for the semester is to design something for a niche audience. I chose up and coming bands as my audience. I am interested in designing a service that would take the band's artwork and apply it to anything they could possibly dream of at a low price. This would include custom guitars, drums, sticks, bags, amps, cords, picks, and more.

I was wondering how you promote your band other than your internet site? Do you use posters, graffiti, flyers? How are these made? Do you use a service? Would you be interested in buying advertising through the company you bought your band equipment through? Would it make you trust the products and services you were purchasing more than sending it off to a stand alone company?

What are your thoughts or suggestions? I am open to anything.
Heym I am from Kansas City but i attend the university of Colorado Boulder. I am interested and i know of some kids from KC who would be. They would be good, local business for you that would be convenient and easy. Let me know if you are interested!!
I am interested in probably anything graphical you can throw at me, logos, flyers, etc. So feel free to message me.

This project, however, is currently theoretical. I am asking just to get a feel for how bands usually go about getting logo designs and posting promotions. I also want to know if they would customize their instruments in order to promote the band if the customization was through the manufacturer of their instruments.