Bit of a quick one really. Bit of a noob question.

I want to re string my guitar but the only packs of strings I have left are 11-48 Ernie ball strings and I can't order any others as I have no money

Basically, I e-mailed my local 'Guitar Tech' and he said putting a floyd rose in e standard with 11-48's is risky and that I shouldn't really do it. Is he just blowing smoke or should I actually just stick to my tuning at the moment? I am fine with setting up guitars and can adjust the truss rod, floyd springs and everything like that so should I be ok with doing it?

Sorry for the stupid question!
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
I personally wouldn't. but if you are sure that you can set up the guitar right it's up to you. Maybe try Eb instead? or just wait until you can get some 10's or something
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by shredibanez24
I personally wouldn't. but if you are sure that you can set up the guitar right it's up to you. Maybe try Eb instead? or just wait until you can get some 10's or something

I'm in eb at the moment Yes I probably will just use these up in E flat and then get a new set of 10-46's
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
Not risky at all. Just make sure you adjust the springs in the back accordingly
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Ah right. So basically I'll just need to set it up but it's not risky. Probably be a bit harder to bend the strings as they'll be so tight!

Thanks alot everyone
Last edited by UKMaster at Aug 31, 2011,
Yeah if it's a 25.5 inch scale with .011's on in E standard, it's gonna be a bitch to bend those higher strings.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.