WikiLeaks Leak: Thousands Of Dangerous Documents Accidentally Released Online

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/29/wikileaks-leak_n_941204.html?ref=fb&src=sp

WikiLeaks has accidentally released thousands of dangerous U.S. State Department cables.

From Der Spiegel:

Since the beginning of the year, an encrypted file has been circulating on the Internet containing the collection of around 251,000 US State Department documents that WikiLeaks obtained in spring 2010 and made public in November 2010.

The cables contained the names of confidential sources and agents, whose revealed identities could put their lives in jeopardy.

The leak, first reported by German newspaper der Freitag, was the indirect result of a rift between founder Julian Assange and spokesperson Daniel Domscheit-Berg.

As the Washington Post reports, the cables were never supposed to have been released with names unredacted. When Domscheit-Berg left Wikileaks in the end of 2010, he took a collection of Wikileaks material, including the sensitive cables, with him. He eventually gave everything back, but Assange hadn't realize the classified information was part of the assortment. So, when Assange released all the documents to the web last year, the cables were unleashed as well.

"It never should have been available," former WikiLeaks staffer Herbert Snorrason told Wired.

.___.

Looked but didn't see a thread posted about this...I'll delete this if there already is one.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Yo dawg, I heard you like leaks so we leaked your wikileaks so you can... eh, **** it.

This is the only relevant thing I have to say about it.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Remember when I said something like this would happen? Remember?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
derp. Maybe they shouldn't call these agents by name in ****ing emails. Could they think of a code or something, like I don't know... 007 or some shit like that.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Strike, internet picket line, blah blah.

Oh, the leaks. Meh. Is anyone taking advantage of the information?
Quote by GibsonMan321
derp. Maybe they shouldn't call these agents by name in ****ing emails. Could they think of a code or something, like I don't know... 007 or some shit like that.

Well they might have used the names they are using while undercover or whatnot. I dunno.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
haven't they done this like 5 other times? ._>
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Leaked lol.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Yeah they "accidentally" pressed "Upload These Dangerous Files" with there hand that was accidentally placed on the mouse.
OP is incorrect. The Guardian leaked the files; Wikileaks is suing them for breaching the confidentiality agreement all news sources sign when they're given access to the diplomatic cables. The documents are read, and the names are redacted. Instead, the Guardian published everything without telling Wikileaks.

EDIT: To clarify, the files are hosted on Wikileaks, but are encrypted. The Guardian illegally released the encryption key, allowing anyone to access the files.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Last edited by Das_Skittles at Aug 31, 2011,
Quote by Das_Skittles
OP is incorrect. The Guardian leaked the files; Wikileaks is suing them for breaching the confidentiality agreement all news sources sign when they're given access to the diplomatic cables. The documents are read, and the names are redacted. Instead, the Guardian published everything without telling Wikileaks.

EDIT: To clarify, the files are hosted on Wikileaks, but are encrypted. The Guardian illegally released the encryption key, allowing anyone to access the files.

Yep, this guy knows what's up.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
I'm usually a pretty big proponent of WikiLeaks and open information, but this actually worries me. My best wishes to those compromised as a result of this leak.
Quote by MakinLattes
Strike, internet picket line, blah blah.

Yeah, I never realized how many people put Huffington Post links here.

NWU (National Writers Union) writers for HuffPo are striking since Arianna Huffington made hundreds of millions of dollars off of their free labor. The strike has been pretty successful this far, which is pretty impressive, and the implications could be hige if this succeeds to a greater extent. Visiting the website is essentially crossing an "internet picket line," as Dru put it (although she may have been mocking me), so I'd encourage everyone to think twice about clicking the link in the OP. As a matter of fact, I'd encourage TS to find a different source for the first post if it wasn't too big of a hassle.

I don't mean to come off as preachy or anything - it's just that the strike has been met with moderate success and could set an enormous precedent for internet writers. In such a bleak time for worker advances in the world, something is finally looking bright. And on the internet, no less!

Here's a link explaining it further.
Quote by due 07
I'm usually a pretty big proponent of WikiLeaks and open information, but this actually worries me. My best wishes to those compromised as a result of this leak.

It was The Guardian, not Wikileaks

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

Quote by due 07
Yeah, I saw your post after I wrote mine. Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately, Wikileaks took down the original notice detailing their side of the story. I assume they did so because of the pending lawsuit.

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

Is it bad that this doesn't really bother me much? I mean I kind of saw it coming, if you play with fire somebody's going to get burned.
Quote by Hergiswi

Once I fucked a mountain gorilla and it couldn't even tell me it loved me afterward.
Quote by spanishyanez
Mental you get my vote for making me laugh for more than 3 minutes
Quote by due 07

Yeah, I never realized how many people put Huffington Post links here.

NWU (National Writers Union) writers for HuffPo are striking since Arianna Huffington made hundreds of millions of dollars off of their free labor. The strike has been pretty successful this far, which is pretty impressive, and the implications could be hige if this succeeds to a greater extent. Visiting the website is essentially crossing an "internet picket line," as Dru put it (although she may have been mocking me), so I'd encourage everyone to think twice about clicking the link in the OP. As a matter of fact, I'd encourage TS to find a different source for the first post if it wasn't too big of a hassle.

I don't mean to come off as preachy or anything - it's just that the strike has been met with moderate success and could set an enormous precedent for internet writers. In such a bleak time for worker advances in the world, something is finally looking bright. And on the internet, no less!

Here's a link explaining it further.

I just copied the link from Facebook. If I find a better one I'll replace it
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
So WikiLeaks leaked something

Big surprise there.

This is why I'm anti-wikileaks.
Quote by Cat Of Pain
Bob, you're my hero.

Quote by borntorock2112
If drugs were PP points, I'd be using struggle.

Quote by illuminatiano

YOU ARE A NO GOOD LAZY FORGETFUL STONER WITH NO FUTURE YOU ARE WORTHLESS TO SOCIETY