Poll: Is life quick or slow?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is life quick or slow?
Quick
62 65%
Slow
33 35%
Voters: 95.
Page 1 of 2
I always hear people saying "time flies by" and "I can't believe it's 2011...it seems like it was 2005 last year". I feel like I'm the only one I know who thinks time is extremely slow. I am 19 and I feel like I've been alive for thousands of years. Every day feels like a month to me.
too long
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Whichever one I don't want.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Too fast. I wish i could live forever.

Edit: Just thinking about death, not existing anymore....jesus christ it terrifies me.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Aug 31, 2011,
Life is just to short there is so much to do but so little time,.....ANd too much of it is spent lurking here....
I haz gotten gud
Technically as you get older time seems to go by faster because with every day that passes one day becomes a relatively smaller part of your entire existence. ie, when you are born, one day is 100% of your existence, then on your second day a day is only 50% of your existence, etc. Same applies to years.

A decade is a little less than half my life, so it seems huge, but a decade means a lot less when you're 80 years old.

So if you're not feeling it now, you will soon.
Quote by necrosis1193
Whichever one I don't want.

this
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Why do they say life is short when it's the longest thing you'll ever experience?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
It's the longest thing you will go through
"Ladies and gents."

That concludes our tour of the toilets.
Time seems to go faster the older I get.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by jetfuel495
Technically as you get older time seems to go by faster because with every day that passes one day becomes a relatively smaller part of your entire existence. ie, when you are born, one day is 100% of your existence, then on your second day a day is only 50% of your existence, etc. Same applies to years.

there have been studies done that actually prove that as you get older your perception of time really does change. i don't care to find any sources at the moment, but i remember one study where teenagers and adults were sat down with a timer and asked to say when they though 3 minutes had passed, and the average time for teenagers was fairly close to 3 minutes while for adults it was about 3 1/2 minutes.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Time what is time.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Well if you sort of sit down and do nothing all day, it will seem like forever.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by rock.freak667
Well if you sort of sit down and do nothing all day, it will seem like forever.

I could be doing literally anything and it still seems slow. Maybe I have ADD or something.
Quote by JohnSmith85
I could be doing literally anything and it still seems slow. Maybe I have ADD or something.

Well you'd need to immerse yourself in it.

Can't be grudgingly typing reports and hope for time to fly.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by rock.freak667
Well you'd need to immerse yourself in it.

Can't be grudgingly typing reports and hope for time to fly.

I can't quit my job though. I'm lucky I even have a job these days.
Seeing as the time I'm alive will be just a minuscule portion of eternity, yeah, life is pretty short.

I guess that really wasn't what you were asking, but "life is short" and "life goes by quickly" are the same to me.
Quote by ryan_nadon
Why do they say life is short when it's the longest thing you'll ever experience?

Sir, I think this is one of the smartest things I have ever read. Ever.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
its been scientifically proven that the human mind's perceptio of time speeds up as you age...
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by SomebodySomeone
its been scientifically proven that the human mind's perceptio of time speeds up as you age...

I can't wait till I'm older then. Being considered a minor sucks. It's like older people act like my existence is completely irrelevant while they are so prestigious just because they managed to not get hit by a bus a little longer than me.
Quote by Jon777
Seeing as the time I'm alive will be just a minuscule portion of eternity, yeah, life is pretty short.

I guess that really wasn't what you were asking, but "life is short" and "life goes by quickly" are the same to me.

Off topic: It ****s with my mind whenever I try to imagine that. How can you have a portion of something that is indefinitely long?
Quote by jetfuel495

A decade is a little less than half my life, so it seems huge, but a decade means a lot less when you're 80 years old.

So if you're not feeling it now, you will soon.

Not a great source, but still: http://www.cracked.com/article_18708_5-reasons-immortality-would-be-worse-than-death_p2.html
"this is why Dr. Manhattan turned into such a dick in Watchmen"

Basically there should be a correlation between poll answers and age.
Quote by Hergiswi

Once I fucked a mountain gorilla and it couldn't even tell me it loved me afterward.
Quote by spanishyanez
Mental you get my vote for making me laugh for more than 3 minutes
Quote by SomebodySomeone

Quote by mental_cookie
Not a great source, but still: http://www.cracked.com/article_18708_5-reasons-immortality-would-be-worse-than-death_p2.html
"this is why Dr. Manhattan turned into such a dick in Watchmen"

Basically there should be a correlation between poll answers and age.

that is actually my source
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
"When we have it, we wish it away. When we don't, we wish it back."

Too slowly.
🙈 🙉 🙊
way too fast!
Quote by boreamor
Nope because I'm not a dick.
Quote by spanish lovin
then did you just call yourself a PUSSY???

^This = Win
I've found for me that time feels slow when you study, but when you're just working or whatever then it flies by.
Page 1 of 2