From NPR. http://www.npr.org/blogs/therecord/2011/08/31/140090116/why-gibson-guitar-was-raided-by-the-justice-department?sc=fb&cc=fp

Last week federal marshals raided the Gibson Guitar Corporation in Tennessee. It wasn't the first time. The government appears to be preparing to charge the famous builder of instruments with trafficking in illegally obtained wood. It's a rare collision of music and environmental regulation. In the hottest part of an August Tennessee day last Thursday, Gibson Guitar CEO Henry Juszkiewicz stood out in the full sun for 30 minutes and vented to the press about the events of the day before. "We had a raid," he said, "with federal marshals that were armed, that came in, evacuated our factory, shut down production, sent our employees home and confiscated wood."

The raids at two Nashville facilities and one in Memphis recalled a similar raid in Nashville in November 2009, when agents seized a shipment of ebony from Madagascar. They were enforcing the Lacey Act, a century-old endangered species law that was amended in 2008 to include plants as well as animals.

But Juszkiewicz says the government won't tell him exactly how — or if — his company has violated that law. "We're in this really incredible situation. We have been implicated in wrongdoing and we haven't been charged with anything," he says. "Our business has been injured to millions of dollars. And we don't even have a court we can go to and say, 'Look, here's our position.'"

The U.S. Justice Department won't comment about the case it's preparing, but a court motion filed in June asserts Gibson's Madagascar ebony was contraband. It quotes emails that seem to show Gibson taking steps to maintain a supply chain that's been connected to illegal timber harvests.

this is sooooo old, they even had an article on the homepage about it.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by L2112Lif
So...

... OLD

NPR just played the article, chill the **** out.
Quote by White_Venom1993
Justice department? Like.. Val Hallen? And major glory? And krunk?

Old Cartoons ftw.
Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
Quote by CorvetteRick
Thats what she waged.
I know I have to close this thread, but I don't wanna cuz this post is so good.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown