Page 1 of 3
When was the last time your dad said "I love you" or "love ya son". Tbh I can't remember the last time, makes me feel kinda rejected and what not =/
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
Well considering I don't live with him, pretty much only when he calls.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
I don't remember getting any affection from my dad all through my life, but then I graduated high school and he cried when I moved out and went to college and he tells me he loves me every time we talk. Sometimes there are emotions there that are never shown until a certain time comes around
Never.

I have no "father."
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Last edited by §ArmyofAngels§ at Sep 1, 2011,
I don't know

Probably fairly recently. He's a man of few words, plus he's not really affectionate that way.

My mom says it just about every day i would think.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Sep 1, 2011,
Some time in the last few weeks, maybe?

I'm not one to say I love you to family. I know I do. They know I do. And I know they do. It's just awkward to say the words.
yesterday, but hes always at work so we dont talk much
Music is a universal language and it need not be translated, with it soul speaks to soul.
Seriously, dude, get over it. You can't control how other people feel about you. You're definitely not the only one by any means. Be your own person.
My real dad, many years ago. He can't anymore, since he's dead and all. But he hadn't even talked to my family for a couple years before he died

My step dad may have said it a couple times in the 12+ years he's been around.
he knows i know it and hes a man of a few words hes not going to waste his time with saying something redundant

honestly last time he seriously talked more than a few words the wisdom he let out was greater than any i love you ive ever gotten
my parents decided last week they were moving to wyoming on the ninth, so lately he's been saying it alot. it's really weird.
My sig? Nice.
Quote by JohnSmith85
Seriously, dude, get over it. You can't control how other people feel about you. You're definitely not the only one by any means. Be your own person.

I am over it, it's just i've never felt any acceptance from him except when i graduated but no other time.
Monday morning before I left for Uni. My father and I are pretty close though, so it wasn't out of the ordinary.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
A few weeks ago when I saw him. It was more of a "I love you pal. See ya' later."
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
never cause we're not sissies.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Kilty Boxers
I am over it, it's just i've never felt any acceptance from him except when i graduated but no other time.

Same here. I don't know a single person who actually likes their dad. It's a very typical part of life.
Quote by JohnSmith85
Same here. I don't know a single person who actually likes their dad. It's a very typical part of life.

What?

No it's not.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Sep 1, 2011,
Quote by Kilty Boxers
When was the last time your dad said "I love you" or "love ya son". Tbh I can't remember the last time, makes me feel kinda rejected and what not =/

Man up and put your vagina away.
Never. But it's not like I question it. It's just gotten to the point where it would be incredibly awkward if he said it, or even if my mom said it. It's understood, and the love is mutual.
Quote by Asada Hiruka
Because IRL a father's approval never comes. It's either there or isn't.

This is why.
Quote by WCPhils
What?

No it's not.

Maybe cuz you're from the suburbs? In the city, hardly anybody has a dad. Everyone's dad is in prison, missing or dead it seems.

And you don't even want me to mention what girls tell me about their dads...
Last edited by JohnSmith85 at Sep 1, 2011,
Quote by hawk5211
Man up and put your vagina away.

Someone must be adopted...Wonder who though..Hm....
Quote by JohnSmith85
Maybe cuz you're from the suburbs? In the city, hardly anybody has a dad. Everyone's dad is in prison, missing or dead it seems.

Maybe in New York...

Quote by Kilty Boxers
Someone must be adopted...Wonder who though..Hm....

No actually, but my point still stands. You are expecting grown men to be mushy towards their offspring? Not going to happen very often...
Last edited by hawk5211 at Sep 1, 2011,
Italian Family, ie. all the time......

Tell me why I had to be a powerslave
I dont wanna die, Im a god, why cant I live on?
When the life giver dies, all around is laid to waste.
And in my last hour,
Im a slave to the power of death

Member Of The Jagermeister Fan Club
Quote by hawk5211
Maybe in New York...

No actually, but my point still stands. You are expecting grown men to be mushy towards their offspring? Not going to happen very often...

And why not?
Quote by The Madcap
Some time in the last few weeks, maybe?

I'm not one to say I love you to family. I know I do. They know I do. And I know they do. It's just awkward to say the words.

Word. We say it everytime one of us leaves on a trip or something. But usually it's just understood.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Never. He couldn't say it if he wanted to now anyway, because he has a neurodegenerative disease which renders him unable to form coherent sentences.
🙈 🙉 🙊

And why not?

Not in a mans nature to be like that, at least it never used to be.

If you want to talk about changing the male psyche, maybe society will do that for you. Guys seem to be getting more and more useless these days. One of my friends recently asked me why I keep a toolkit in my car. I rest my case.
Quote by hawk5211
Not in a mans nature to be like that, at least it never used to be.

If you want to talk about changing the male psyche, maybe society will do that for you. Guys seem to be getting more and more useless these days. One of my friends recently asked me why I keep a toolkit in my car. I rest my case.

When were guys ever useful in the first place? How can we be getting more useless?
He hasn't said it to me in a long time, although one time when mum was taking him to the airport (he does fly-in/fly-out work, 4 weeks on, one week off), she told me he'd started to get emotional and that he loved us and hated that he wasn't around more often.

More recently, at my sister's party, him and my friend from uni were both drunk and spent a while talking, and my dad told him how much he loved me and how I'd never given him any trouble etc.

It felt good to hear.
Quote by Hergiswi

Once I fucked a mountain gorilla and it couldn't even tell me it loved me afterward.
Quote by spanishyanez
Mental you get my vote for making me laugh for more than 3 minutes
Quote by entity0009
Never. He couldn't say it if he wanted to now anyway, because he has a neurodegenerative disease which renders him unable to form coherent sentences.

I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Page 1 of 3