my setup. either an epiphone les paul standard with dave mustaine sig. pickups or a jackson kv5fr with SD jb(bridge) / jazz(neck)>boss mt2>boss delay pedal,>dunlop crybaby>older fender deluxe. so i play everything from classic rock to death metal and the boss mt2 just isn't cutting it so think you guys could give me an idea of a better distortion pedal to try, budget would be about $200 but i could stretch a little, closest major city would be Toronto. i think thats about it
Quote by Cyngus
my setup. either an epiphone les paul standard with dave mustaine sig. pickups or a jackson kv5fr with SD jb(bridge) / jazz(neck)>boss mt2>boss delay pedal,>dunlop crybaby>older fender deluxe. so i play everything from classic rock to death metal and the boss mt2 just isn't cutting it so think you guys could give me an idea of a better distortion pedal to try, budget would be about $200 but i could stretch a little, closest major city would be Toronto. i think thats about it

What you need is a new amp.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
if i get rid of the amp i cant really get anything better because i could only get a couple hundred for it
Save more, sell amp and the MT-2, pick up something better.

Assuming you play thrash metal, the easiest amp to pick up for that kinda stuff is the 6505+ 1x12 combo
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Cyngus
problem with that is i like my cleans

That is understandable with an amp like that.

Maybe if you can list: Budget, Genres, New or Used, Home or gig, closest city, current gear.

Obviously the budget and gear was already listed.

I've always liked the Blackstar tube dist., Okko Dominator.

Just keep in mind you are not going to be able to get "that" metal tone, assuming that is what you are looking for, with that amp.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Rothwell heartbreaker
PiggyFX Black Pig, Okko Dominator, Emma Pisdayauwatz or however it's written, Greenhouse No-Brainer, Wampler Triple Wreck, will all get you "that" metal tone, even with that amp.

Deadit: By the by, you should give Cmatmod's Black Plague a shot as well. It's not the traditional hi-gain metal sound, but its got amazing volume knob response, and got me from light bluesy overdrive up to Melvins level of dirt just by switching pickups and turning the volume knob.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Last edited by dead-fish at Sep 1, 2011,