I am not a regular poster on this website anymore, but there was a time when trolling was my passion.

I claimed that the Peavey XXX could not achieve a clean sound.

While this was absolutely true in my case, having owned one, I went to guitar center today and tested out the new model with a bunch of random numbers in the title.

It could, in fact, produce clean sounds. And not bad clean sounds by any means.
But my opinion on the gain channels stays the same. The mids are just unpleasant to my ears, they give the amp that bright character that just doesn't work for me. I would never fault anyone for using one though, I do say it has a tad too much gain to ever be useful.'

Other notable amps:

I haven't been around so I don't know what the buzz is about the new larger Tweaker amps. I am assuming they are brand new to the market.

The versatility has alot of potential, but it has the same exact issue as it's predecessor, and that is that the gain is too f@#$Ring dark.

No matter how much treble you add, which switches you flip, you still end up with a very noticeable muffle. I don't see how Egnater could not have realized this. This is a very mediocre amp.

However, I fell in love again. I played many high dollar amplifiers today, but one had me coming back again and again.

The peavey classic 30.

These amps are fantastic and why they are no longer mentioned in favor of the newer micro amps is beyond me. The cleans are great and the drive channel had me grinning all day. An awesome classic rock sound that has killer balls for a 30 watt amp. There is a 3D sound to this amp that I have rarely experienced. It sounded particularly great through the stock 2x12 cabinet, surprisingly. I even preferred it to the Splawn 4x12 next to it that had those unmistakable harsh V30 mids.

I hate to say it, but my Jet city that I have loved so much got it's ass handed to it by the Peavey. It sounded bigger, ballsier, and more articulate, and I favor the tone and feel much more. PLUS it has a great clean channel.

So yeah, sorry for being a jerk. And if you are one of the many that are looking for a cheap amp for classic/hard rock, go plug a Peavey Classic into an extension cab and thank me later.
dude never apologize for anything.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by gregs1020
found god in a classic 30.

hail moscow.

I had an out of body experience.
And an orgasm.

Would it be safe to assume that the quality among the classic series is relatively the same? I had a classic 50 before that was great, but now my ear for tone is much better and I am a hell of a lot more picky. This thing just sounded so damn good, to come out of such a cheap amp shocked me to death. And i have played/owned many much more expensive amps throughout the past year so I am not just a noob. I want to make sure when i get one that it sounds like THAT.

But to be honest, I would have preferred the latter of my two sensations to have come from the girl working at the front. She was hot.
Quote by patriotplayer90
An orgasm. She was hot.

I would hope so
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Was that the 'XXX II'? That's the new JSX.

The XXX is now the 3120.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Was that the 'XXX II'? That's the new JSX.

The XXX is now the 3120.

Now they're just f**king with us.

It was the 3120
Quote by patriotplayer90
Now they're just f**king with us.

It was the 3120

Nah, it's because Satriani left Peavey. The JSX is based on the XXX anyway.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Nah, it's because Satriani left Peavey. The JSX is based on the XXX anyway.

They should just take the best aspects out of both amps and combine them into one.

Oh wait, they already did.
Quote by Ignite
Dark?

I've always been told
XXX = bright,
6505 = dark.

I've only ever played a 5150 though.

I think he was saying the egnater tweaker was dark, not the XXX

muledit: In fact he says the XXX has an unpleasant brightness...
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish
I think he was saying the egnater tweaker was dark, not the XXX

muledit: In fact he says the XXX has an unpleasant brightness...

I shouldn't have skimmed like I did. I read the top part, and missed where it said "other notable amps" and went directly the the "dark" part.

my bad.