are there any other overdrives you guys would recommend other than a Tubescreamer to drive the amps OD? EHX Double muff? T.Rex OD? TS clones maybe? im looking new and used, but i just cant find any damn tubescreamers! trying to keep the budget at a max of about 150$, using it for metal. thanks!
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
Try a Vox Satchurator, very versatile pedal and it's designed to be able to work with almost every amp.
DAS BOOT!!!
Mose of these are under $150 Personally I like the Maxon/ibanez because of the mid boost it gives
Ibanez Ts9
Ibanez TS808
Maxon OD9
Maxon OD808
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Boss OD-3
MXR ZW-44
MXR CL-1
Way Huge Electronics Green Rhino MkII
Fulltone OCD
My Gear
Peavey Ultra Plus
Ibanez RGA42FM with EMG 81/85 with 18 volt mod
Marshall Valvestate VS102R
Ibanez TS9
Schecter C1FR
MXR M-109 EQ
there are tons of ts clones

ones i suspect to be tubescreamer clones/lightly modded copies

maxon (various models)
tonerider american od
biyang od8/gfs greenie
bbe green screamer
joyo vintage overdrive
visual sound route 808/double trouble/jekyll and hyde/route 66
tonefreak abunai 2
hbe powerscreamer

that's just off the top of my head. The vast majority of the boutique ods are modded TSes as well.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ragingben
And don't forget the Digitech Bad Monkey!

Get this or a tubescreamer. (If you're on a budget, the Bad Monkey can't be beaten.)
  • Beer
  • Friends
  • Producing and Recording
  • Sitcoms
  • Eastern Kentucky University
  • Dead Fret

My ambition is handicapped by laziness
boss sd-1 has slightly too low output to be a real booster imo.
good od sound but not a good booster...
I feel like I should get money from Dunlop by now...but I'll say this again...Way Huge Green Rhino...it's so incredibly awesome!
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass