I was playing:
Schecter c1- hellraiser
Peavey 6505
Mesa 4x12

Then I switched out my Mesa for an Orange 4x12 and I can't get that
low-gain warm heavy tone any more. I'm playing the same guitar and head, but my settings for my head (for the Mesa 4x12) were; Gain: 3, Low:4, Mid:8, High:5, Res:5, Pres: 5.
Now with the Orange 4x12 I have the Low and Res at freaking 10 and my Mids almost scooped. I'm struggling to get that warm low gain tone again, but I can't find it with this new cab...

My tubes are kind of low but do you think it would make that much of a difference???
What do you think?
put some mids in there..... i don't understand y it is such a hard concept to understand. by taking out the mids your getting rid of the body of your tone and eliminating the ability to really cut through the mix.

nonetheless, it may be a difference in speakers. just tweak things until you find what your looking for or get close. if nothing quite helps, get a 10 band eq to help fine tune your tone.
Can't you switch back to the mesa and sell the Orange if you prefer the mesa? Anyway, I would just sit down with the amp and play with it, messing with the EQ, until you get the sound. And if you actually can't, then you may have to buy another Mesa cab. Are they both closed backs? And what speakers are in the Orange?
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
Quote by andrerist
put some mids in there..... i don't understand y it is such a hard concept to understand. by taking out the mids your getting rid of the body of your tone and eliminating the ability to really cut through the mix.

You've obviously never played a 6505.

TS: get your old cab back. I'm thinking there might be such a noticeable difference because you went from an oversized cab to a standard cab.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X