You're link isn't right.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
wow, did you respond in like 30 seconds? how do I embed YT vids here?
Copy and paste the link.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Sep 1, 2011,
Blackface sounded nice
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
I thought the krank sounded pretty crap, i actually preffered the the mark V but thats just me...
Wow, that was awesome. My favorite was the modded Dual Rec.

The Krank sounded like crap.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
I really enjoyed the Mark. I thought they were all pretty good with the exception of the Krank. Ive heard those sound a lot better than that.
Kranks tend to sound somewhat thin and solidstate. Maybe that's the idea behind them. But I'd rather get a Warhead if I were looking for such tones.
I want....... his hat.
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
I like the Krankenstein.....

The 5150 was much tooooo bassy IMO

The JVM410 sounded better than i expected.... also the Mark V

Nice video IMO
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
I liked the JVM, despite all the bad things I've heard about them on these forums insofar as heavy music goes, and the Dual Recto, and the Krank was good. Nice and cutting.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I liked the JVM although it was set too dark, and I liked the Krank although it was a bit bright. Bit more EQing and those would work best for me.
WTLTL 2011
The Mark V sounds the best to me, TBH. I didn't like the Dual Rec that much. I was never a fan of those, though. Guess I'm not a Mesa guy.

The peavey was INSANELY bassy. Over the top, it should've been EQ'd better.

Was not expecting that out of the Marshall. Was nice. But didn't sound that great overall, wasn't the best when it was mixed with the drums.

VHT Ultralead sounded muffled.. But I see there's an annotation saying the powertubes weren't biased. The regular Pitbull still didn't sound that great, to me.

Ew, Krank. They always sound so fizzy to me. Like there's too much treble in the EQ.
for me personally Dual Rec of course sounded the best, but a comment in general for all the clips is that they sounded very very very dry. try mixing in just a dash of reverb and i think it would sound a lot better

still a great video tho
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by shredftw
for me personally Dual Rec of course sounded the best, but a comment in general for all the clips is that they sounded very very very dry. try mixing in just a dash of reverb and i think it would sound a lot better

still a great video tho

Yes, mixing was horrible, levels were off and the Amps were NOT EQed well at all.
WTLTL 2011
i liked the mako best, followed by the 5150. they sounded full and clear and thick. the others sounded a bit thin to me. I liked the recto...but it had this weird thin...something....in the tone. Maybe they just didn't eq it well.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Did Derek finally convince you to start posting here?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Did Derek finally convince you to start posting here?

yeah
^ I'm glad Derek did

Quote by TubeTone
What's up UG community! I've been waiting to say hello to the board, but I want the first post to be of some use..

So here it goes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj02xZL2fAc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8RqHYSATFk&feature=related

Again, awesome vids.

Welcome to UG.

Hopefully you'll get time to participate as a poster and helping out where you can. As tubetimedan pointed out in your other thread - popping in periodically and only posting your youtubes would def be frowned upon.

That said, my only suggestion for your youtube Part 1 is to repost it (while it is still young) with a new title that says something 'Descriptions Only'

I kept waiting for the demo to start

Personally, I thought all the explanation was great. I could listen to amp talk all day long. Also I thought the ending and at 9:01 was hilarious. Keep up the good work.

Part II demo...........um.......yeah. It was !!

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^ I'm glad Derek did

Again, awesome vids.

Welcome to UG.

Hopefully you'll get time to participate as a poster and helping out where you can. As tubetimedan pointed out in your other thread - popping in periodically and only posting your youtubes would def be frowned upon.

That said, my only suggestion for your youtube Part 1 is to repost it (while it is still young) with a new title that says something 'Descriptions Only'

I kept waiting for the demo to start

Personally, I thought all the explanation was great. I could listen to amp talk all day long. Also I thought the ending and at 9:01 was hilarious. Keep up the good work.

Part II demo...........um.......yeah. It was !!

necro-er. reported
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Can you just post the list of all the amps your comparing
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
Didn't like the VHT's at all. The Mesa and 5150 sounded amazing. The Krank was Eq'd totally wrong..
GEAR
PRS:SE Singlecut w/ Crunchlab/Airnorton
ESP:Eclipse Standard
LTD:SCT607B
Fender:MIM Silverburst Tele
Line6:Pod HD500X
Ovation:EliteT1778
yeah - the Dual Rec should have been last

it was hard for the others to compete after that

...and i agree with Sheepbane. A list and even a short description in the OP would help. Just posting links with no real discussion is usually grounds for closing. I sen't you a PM though TubeTone. We may create an 'Official Demos/Shootouts' thread and add it to the sticky. That would be a great place for you to showcase your mods/demos.

v....Yes it was. Very tasty. Surprisingly tasty just needed more low end.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Oct 21, 2011,