Hey guys, so I'm gonna get my first half stack soon - I have the head, the Mode Four, I was wondering does it HAVE to be a MF350 cab too or can you mix and match? Any recommendations?
Anything with V30's
EDIT: Its a 400W head, so you need a cab that is rated for 400 or above.

TBH aside from the Mode 4 cab, I cant think of anything that has that much juice x.x

Just buy an unloaded 412 and stick a quad of Eminence Tonkerlites in it, those are 125W each. There similar to the V30 so it should work well.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Sep 1, 2011,
You don't have to but the MF400 cab is the best part of the whole Mode Four range.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Don't you mean, "What other cabs could it power"?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
any cabinet with at least 350-400watt power handling should be fine so long as the impedance matches.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
The mode four has two different speaker cab configurations. They made 2 types of speakers for it. There are the MF400 cabs, and there are the MF280 cabs. The MF280 cabs are 16ohms, while the MF400 cabs are 8ohm. If you look on the back of the head you will notice a chart that tells you which speakers can be plugged into to the head and in which configuration. You can use either speaker cab in half stack config - but it appears that you can only use the MF400 in half stack mode otherwise you will blow the speakers in both cabinets (if you were to hook it up in full stack mode). This is a question I have actually because I cannot understand why marshall made these amps this way. In any case - if you are going to use the amp in a FULL STACK configuration you need to have a 400 watt rated cabinet with 16ohms of impedance. This means your typical Marshall 1960 won't suffice because 1st of all it's only rated at 300w and it has impedance of 8ohm. I've looked all over for a thorough explanation of the Mode Four speaker cabinet fundamentals and I haven't found anything. The little chart on the back of the Amp seems to be the only reliable explanation available.