I'm going to sound like someone who just picked a guitar up for the first time (which technically i did except it's my first acoustic guitar). I bought a Fender CD100CE recently and i've noticed that i have to bend the strings about half way up the neck in order to go up half a step, which is a problem when i get closer to the nut since i can't really bend it that far there.

It's not the bridge or the tuning keys because the guitar stays in tune perfectly fine so what i'm thinking is that it's either the strings, or that's the norm for acoustics. Help? And i know i need to work up the strength in my fingers since i'm going from electric to acoustic but this seems like a bigger issue than just finger strength.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
get your guitar's action checked - and possibly lowered - or use lighter strings. high action can make a guitar much harder to play, but i also find extra light strings helpful.

btw, if your guitar was easier to bend on before, it may be too humid and you could get a hygrometer, test it and check the humidity where your guitar is kept for starters. the swelling of the wood can raise the action, making the guitar harder to play - if you deal with the humidity, in a few days the wood will unswell and the action will go back to normal.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
I'm already getting the humidity dealt with because in my room it is horrible, i'll see if that does anything beneficial. If not then i'll get lighter strings too before i alter the action at all.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by bass-man9712
I'm already getting the humidity dealt with because in my room it is horrible, i'll see if that does anything beneficial. If not then i'll get lighter strings too before i alter the action at all.

Have you had the guitar properly set up since you bought it? I neglected to do so with my first acoustic and the action was simply terrible. Also, depending on what string gauge you're using, you may not want to drop it too much (e.g. .12s or .13s to .10s) if your guitar is designed for it, like a dreadnought or jumbo.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.