Hey guys,

I have a Strat, and rest my wrist on my bridge. Due to the length of my hand etc, when I pick it's right over the middle pickup, and I can't be sure (Haven't played through my amp in a while) but I'm pretty sure I'm hitting the middle pickup with my pick.

Anyone else got this problem? If so, what did you do to resolve it? It feels odd to move my hand back or forth, because it's out of my favoured position.

Thanks.
It's not really a big problem...
My Guitars
Squire Affinity Strat
Ibanez RG 350 DX
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Ibanez AEG20E
Tradition Guitars S2000F Pro
If you are using stock strat pickups (not active) then the pickups should be pretty close to the pickguard. 5/16",3/16", somewhere around that height then you shouldn't be hitting them. If you are drop tuning where your strings has a lot of "give" I can see this happening. but normally you shouldn't be hitting them.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Yeh either lower the pickup (by loosening the two screws either side of it, being careful not to undo them completely...), or try to avoid digging in so much with the pick (which will also help your speed too!).
Alright guys, thanks for the quick replies.

I've just installed new pickups, so haven't adjusted them too much. I'll change them up and see how it goes.

Thanks again!

Anyone else got this problem? If so, what did you do to resolve it?

I have this problem but I don't rest my hand on the bridge. It's just that where I do most of my picking is where the middle pickup is. I don't really have a resolution for you but to avoid it I don't buy guitars with middle pickups. This can be a problem if you're a strat lover.
I have a kelly and damn, i picked a hole all over the damn bridge pickup where the low e string is located
Its not true...
I have an S470 that I choose not to play simply for this reason. My pick looks like it was sent through World War 3 after playing for an hour. I lowered the pickup as far as it could go and it still gets annoying. It also catches on it all the time which throws off my picking. So if I ever wanted to use the guitar I'd have to remove the pickup altogether. I never had a problem with strats :/
"To this day I don't have a guitar idol. I have people who are my favorites." - Randy Rhoads
Ever thought about where you place your hand? Personally speaking, after I started GASsing for a Bigsby guitar, I started floating my hand rather than resting on the bridge. I would imagine shifting your position would largely solve your problem and it's cheaper than getting a different guitar.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
Quote by jwd724
Ever thought about where you place your hand? Personally speaking, after I started GASsing for a Bigsby guitar, I started floating my hand rather than resting on the bridge. I would imagine shifting your position would largely solve your problem and it's cheaper than getting a different guitar.

I'd just lower the middle pickup if it came to it, rather than changing guitar

Playing around a bit, it's only when I play one song that I rest my hand, really. I seem to float most times, but on the quicker things rest. I changed the heights a little, and I'm not hitting them as much/at all.

I'll see how it goes and change if I need to.

Thanks guys!
That used to happen to me too. I just lowered the middle pickup all the way, since I never used to really use it. Lately though, I've been using the middle pickup on another guitar more and more, so I keep it at the regular height, and for some reason I don't hit it with my pick at all anymore (even though my pick is picking over the middle pickup). I think it might have to do with my technique changing in that I hold my pick closer to the tip now, so less pick is over hanging.

It might be a technique thing, since you shouldn't be digging that far into the strings that often.