I'm looking for someone to explain to me the guitar scales, Major & Harmonic-Melodic Minor for now.

1,2,b3,4,5,b6,7
1,2,b3,4,5,6,7

I know those are the formulas, but I've NO IDEA where to begin to play. Let's say A Major scale... I don't know how to figure it out.

How can I play scales anywhere on the fret board?

Thanks!
Are you familiar with musical intervals? Minor thrids, perfect fifths, etc.
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
What if this was Yngwie trolling us
"To this day I don't have a guitar idol. I have people who are my favorites." - Randy Rhoads
Quote by fretmaster13
What if this was Yngwie trolling us

Then he, like all others who troll forums, would be a dick. He would also likely have no life.

Quote by AeolianWolf
what if it was yngwie being serious?

That would actually be hilarious.
Quote by YYMMalmsteen
I'm looking for someone to explain to me the guitar scales, Major & Harmonic-Melodic Minor for now.

1,2,b3,4,5,b6,7
1,2,b3,4,5,6,7

I know those are the formulas, but I've NO IDEA where to begin to play. Let's say A Major scale... I don't know how to figure it out.

How can I play scales anywhere on the fret board?

Thanks!

stop f*cking with my name! tell me how pliz
You absolutely must know musical intervals. With this knowledge, you may translate the formulas that are already aware of. Combined with the understanding of the notes on the fretboard, you will be able to play the scales all over the guitar.

I found this interval lesson on Google. I can't vouch for it's credibility, but it seemed to cover all of it's bases:

http://method-behind-the-music.com/theory/intervals

I also find it hard to believe--even with the extreme amount of crapformation on the Internet--that it's possible to completely screw up a basic lesson about intervals. Then again, I'm the idealistic type.
Those numbers refer to the degrees of the notes. For example:

(the C major scale)

C D E F G A B (C) The numbers relate to the notes:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 (8)

Now if you wanted the minor scale, you flat the third note, the sixth note, and the seventh note.

C D E F G A B (C) (C major)
C D Eb F G Ab Bb (C minor)
1 2 b3 4 5 b6 b7

And learn intervals.
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
Quote by YYMMalmsteen
stop f*cking with my name! tell me how pliz

sure. learn theory. stop f*cking around and do it.

if you don't learn the notes or the intervals, you're in an extremely poor place to understand most anything about theory.

as d5 said -- musictheory.net. use it. don't move on to the next lesson until you know the material to the point that you could answer questions about it in your sleep.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.