Okay, it's that time again when I ask a stupid question. I'm going to buy a blackheart little giant head, but I'm not sure what cab to go for. I have no way of trying this head on some different cabs, but I have tried the head with the matching 1x12. I was looking into getting a 4x12 for it. I found a nice Bugera cab, but I'm very uneducated about ohms when talking about sound.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/blackheart_little_giant_bh5h.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/bugera_412fbk.htm

What would you guys recommend? The standard 1x12 cab, this or something else?
I have the little giant amp and use it through the 1x12 Bheart cab when practicing.
But I mainly use it through a custom built 8ohm 2x12 cab!
And yes I do have the Blackheart 4x12 cab, but In my opinion it sounds best through the 2x12! The 1x12 cab is really nice mic'd on my PA! And it is Solid as an OX!

The little Giant Just doesn't seem to push the 4x12s as nice as the 1x12 or 2x12s!

Hope this helps!!!!!!!!
Gear:

Guitars
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez MBM2 EMGs
Fender MIM Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez AS93 BLS

Amp
Carvin V3m
Blackheart 4x12 cab

Pedals
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Zakk Wylde Wah
JamMan looper delay

Last edited by TheFUBAR at Sep 1, 2011,
The words "nice" and "Bugera cab" don't belong in the same sentence.

Besides, it's better to have a small cab that sounds good than a big one that sounds like crap. I can't recommend much, the only cab I could try with my Little Giant was my 2x12" loaded with Vintage 30s, and I didn't enjoy it much.
A 1x12 loaded with a single g12h30 is heaven with that amp.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
A 1x12 loaded with a single g12h30 is heaven with that amp.

They seem to be pretty expensive, I might go for the matching 1x12 and then save for a replacement speaker or just another cab with one of those in, thanks for the info.

And just a quick question, I saw the comment at the top about 2x12 cabs, if I bought a second 1x12 and plugged them both into the head would it work in a similar way? And how would I know which outputs to use? As I said I'm totally uneducated when it comes to ohms.

Thanks for all the help though, I will make my mind up sometime
yes 2, 1x12 cabs would work like a 2x12 cab you would just have to lug around a three pieces instead of 2
Gear:

Guitars
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez MBM2 EMGs
Fender MIM Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez AS93 BLS

Amp
Carvin V3m
Blackheart 4x12 cab

Pedals
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Zakk Wylde Wah
JamMan looper delay

Quote by TheFUBAR
yes 2, 1x12 cabs would work like a 2x12 cab you would just have to lug around a three pieces instead of 2

Would I use the 2 8ohm outputs in the the cabs then because it only has a single 16ohm output? And I really appreciate the info, thanks.
Mesa Rectifer 212.

Its the only way.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Mesa Rectifer 212.

Its the only way.

If I had the cash I'd go for a triple rectifier, but alas, I am but a teenager who washes pots.
is this little 5 watter enough to play with a drummer

and

does it take pedal well ?? .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Quote by Tom 1.0
Mesa Rectifer 212.

Its the only way.

Dood, he needs the mini Recto cab!

Quote by Insanity ninja
If I had the cash I'd go for a triple rectifier, but alas, I am but a teenager who washes pots.

You could get the new mini Recto that's gonna get released soon, though it'd probably kill your bank.

Quote by Skysc
is this little 5 watter enough to play with a drummer

and

does it take pedal well ?? .

Blackheart amps take pedals sterlingly well they do.

And if it'll keepmp with a drummer? That depends on how much your drummer hates his skins, and if you're looking for some good old fashioned soft clipping. If you dime the volume yay high, sure you can compete with a drummer.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Sep 3, 2011,