I just can't seem to stream in HD. Everything is the quality of something that I downloaded from a torrent pretty much. I tried hooking up my PS3 to my router with an ethernet cord instead of using just Wifi (even though my wifi router is within 3 feet of the Playstation) and still a no-go.

I tried a Speed test because I know Netflix streams movies by whatever your connection allows and I'm over 15 mbps.

Any suggestions?
And we will send you to whatever God you wish...
Correct, but I select the HD ones, press select on the controller when it starts, and it says it's streaming in Low/SD.

42" Vizio, 1080p, with an HDMI hookup and I haven't messed with any video settings really, mainly because I'm not too sure how.
Last edited by A_New_Level at Sep 1, 2011,
Quote by captaincrunk
I edited. What TV and what video settings are you using for your PS3.

I posted it up there and are there specific settings that I should change for video on the PS3?
I know that on their website you can set the streaming quality to override what you set on your devices.

Are you using one of those Vizios that can stream Netflix?
They have 1080p for some stuff.

It's going to say "HD" for 720 and "full HD" for 1080p.
Quote by Gyroscope
They have 1080p for some stuff.

It's going to say "HD" for 720 and "full HD" for 1080p.

I haven't seen anything that does 1080p streaming yet. At any rate most of it is 720p so knowing that might help. Also you might have to go to netflix.com and change your settings there to be the highest quality. Just have to let it buffer.
Ah well I don't use Netflix, so sorry if I'm wrong on anything.

One thing I would do is run a speed test on the PS3 and also check the resolution on the TV while you're streaming something (menu -> help -> system info).
Quote by Gyroscope
I know that on their website you can set the streaming quality to override what you set on your devices.

Thank you, sir! The quality looks a lot better and is now reading X-High/HD for the movie I am currently testing it on.

Cheers.
In my experience, Netflix on the PS3 is really weird and the quality goes all over the place, even in the middle of watching something. Maybe pause it and let it sit for a while after starting? That's about my only advice.

EDIT: Oh, well that makes more sense now.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.