you could also call it a Cymbal swell, if you are a hipster.
Great! I was trying to remember what it was, but I just couldn't do it no matter how hard I thought.
Quote by jesse365
What is it called when you hit the cymbals as fast as you can and they get progressively louder? Like in this intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW0FpcOEEcM On a related note, is it possible to somehow achieve this with addictive drums? Thanks!
Yes, if you're programming a track, just open it in a MIDI editor and then put in the cymbals as 16ths then gradually have them turn into 32nd notes, and just make the notes in the beginning be very light, then just make them gradually increase in dynamics until they're at a good volume at the end of the roll.
Last edited by Steve08 at Sep 1, 2011,