Got the fender squire starter pack a few months ago and I feel I am not getting the full experience of playing guitar because the amp isnt very good. Is there a better amp I could buy ? I like playing classic rock with abit of modern aswell (bands like RHCP) Thanks in advance
urmm nothing too expensive. I dont really know about effects and yeah its just a practice amp. I just think the amp i have doesnt sound right compared to for example people on youtube. Thanks
Well most of the people on youtube have played for a long time, or at least for a few years. They use effects and all that fun stuff. It looks like you have just started out with playing guitar. I got this package 3 years back. The amp isnt the best, but it works and sounds fine. It may just be your guitar aswell. Check if its in tune, because my tuners were the worst with the strat pack by fender.
You mean as in changing pickups?

Unless you have a really good amp and know EXACTLY what sound you want, the stock pickups in your guitar should do just fine.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Budget? - Cheapish under £100

Genres? - Classic Rock, Modern rock

New or Used? - Either (preferably new though)

Practice Amp

Current Gear - Fender SP10
Oh, I see. Nevermind.

There aren't really any set rules about which pickup to use. Generally speaking however, the bridge pickup is used for lead (it has a brighter, treblier sound) and the neck is used for rhythm (bassier).
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Last edited by Strat007 at Sep 1, 2011,
How strict is the £100?

Fender mustang:

http://www.andertons.co.uk/combo-amps/pid19264/cid691/fender-mustang-i-amp.asp

Roland cube 15xl

http://www.andertons.co.uk/combo-amps/pid19292/cid691/roland-cube-15xl-15w-compact-guitar-amp.asp

There's also the Peavey Vypyr. I'm not sure how expensive they are in the uk though.

Whatever you do, stay away from marshall mgs and line 6 spiders. They suck ass.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Last edited by Strat007 at Sep 1, 2011,
^The VT15 and VT20+ are slightly over your budget but worth it imo.
...Free from it all...
...Breathe in the darkest fall...

...We laugh and cry though a brothers eyes for now...

I'm cool because I have lyrics in my sig.

You can call me Rob.
I haven't tried one, but the vox vt series are supposed to be fairly good practice/starter amps.
Quote by Boonnoo666