Is it just me or does everyone prefer songs that have a simple but catchy beat over one thats very complicated, but its almost epic in how complicated it is.
Most of the general, non musical masses prefer simple beats and simpler songs so they don't have to think while listening to it.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Yeah, people prefer easier things to listen to.
I find I do it myself sometimes, having music on in the back ground makes it very hard to listen to all the beautiful slides and hammer on's and just little twiddles that I love on guitars.

I've found with the majority of people I personally deem as people with good music tastes usually listen to music, to purely listen to the beauty of that music.
But people who I don't think listen to good music, listen to music whilst they do things, or only listen to it when they want to go out.
Quote by thePTOD
Most of the general, non musical masses prefer simple beats and simpler songs so they don't have to think while listening to it.

This, my mam likes modern songs with a good beat but if I ask her what any of the lyrics are or even how it goes....nope.
I like simpler stuff, but I like it when there is something epic about it. The way the composer makes the song stand out, for example.

When it comes down to it, my favourite bands are the ones that are capable of making something super complex, yet interesting. Take Rings of Saturn for example, they play that sort of really fast arrpegio crap, but they also have really rhythmic, much simpler parts.

I also like drums. I think that the drums MAKE or break the band. Rings of Saturn have my favourite drum sound haha.
UG's New Zealand Resident!