Hi there,

I'm currently in the process of building a pedalboard, and now I've got to the stage where I need a noise gate/suppressor. I've been looking at reviews and videos including the BOSS NS-2 and the ISP Decimator, and the Decimator comes out on top every time. So here's my question...

Should I get the ISP Decimator or the G-String?

I have a Fender Strat (so the single coils are contributing a fair amount of noise) and I'm running through a Crate GX-65 (pretty decent amp considering I bought it for £65 used) which has no effects loop. The majority of noise is coming from my pedals, but I'm also getting a little amp hum as well. Which should I go for? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

the only difference between the decimator and the g-string is that the g-string has an option to can run it in front of your amp and in your effects loop simultaneously. this is done to reduce hum from your pedals and from your preamp simultaneously.

your amp doesn't have an effects loop, so just get the regular decimator.
^ Yep.

The only thing to consider is if you are going to be getting a new amp at some point in the future that may have an effects loop? Maybe not any time soon but if you think someday you want a new amp, in the long run you'll save a bit of money getting the G version now.

Just my .02 I've learned to just suck it up and get something that I could potentially use (and usually do at some point).