Hey guys I brought a brand new midnight blue Rickenbacker 4003 a few months ago, I love it so much! The action, tone etc but I have a few questions:

Firstly, I'm thinking of getting a better amp because im not sure if it is doing it justice I have a ashdown 160 watt combo do i need an upgrade?

Secondly, I'm abit of a noob when it comes to tone could someone give me tips about getting a tones (i know about treble and bass but have no clue and compression, subharmonics, EQ, mids)

Thirdly, What strings will be best for it? I currently have: http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=yellow+bass+strings&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=13876159142265331334&sa=X&ei=iSBgToysNoHNhAfJj60T&ved=0CB8Q8wIwAQ

Lastly, can anyone give me details about the price of it over time? How much will it go down/up and are they rare.

Heres a picture of it:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150317002838849&set=a.10150317002233849.418316.818843848&type=1&theater
Theres two others in the album,

Thanks in advance
As for the FB link
The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

The rest of it is fairly simple too.

the amp you need depends on what sound you want and what you're going to use it for.

for the tone question, see the answer about the amp question

for strings, whatever strings you like. The neons don't get a great reputation around here but do you like them? That's what matters

I have no idea about the price, but I see used Ricks for about half the price they are new quite a bit.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
still nope on the link.

seems like a weird bass to get if you want a really bassy tone, mind
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
nope. Copy and paste the link on the page of the picture that is towards the bottom of the page.

should say
"Share this photo with anyone by sending them this public link:http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32946311&l=1ec13bde4c&id=1357645181"

obs with different link, but i left mine for an example.
Quote by thunderbritches
I would still call him a regular musician...just a very irregular person lol

Warwick Pro Series Corvette
Hartke HA 3500
Genz Benz LS410
I know:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENaAxl3eiMM&feature=channel_video_title
There me playing it - Qualitys bad,
Stringwise they play very well but there getting old now and I need some new ones what would you suggest?

Edit: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150317002233849.418316.818843848&l=9525bdfca1&type=1

Thats the share with public
Last edited by Cakemuncher123 at Sep 1, 2011,
DR coated strings are certainly NOT the best strings for a Rick. Personally, I'd go for Thomastik Infeld Jazz Flats but I can sense flats aren't your cup of tea. Rotosound 66s are the most popular roundwound strings and for good reason too, they're also good value.
Awesome thanks for the advice - I understand that the DR's are not the best strings but they always grab attention - which I dont care about anymore. The rick itself can do it :L
Last edited by Cakemuncher123 at Sep 1, 2011,
^ Ignore him, he's a troll from the pit.

Anyway, +1 to the suggestion of Rotosound 66's. It'll make your Ric growl like nobodies business. I use the 66LE set and I love them to death.
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
^ Ignore him, he's a troll from the pit.

Anyway, +1 to the suggestion of Rotosound 66's. It'll make your Ric growl like nobodies business. I use the 66LE set and I love them to death.

Wtf? I'm not a troll. Shows how much you know. The ONLY time I ever even "troll" is within my post.
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
they're not specifically for 'swing' basses, that's just the name of the string, Rotosound Swingbass 66s.

Edit: How the hell do you have a Rick at 16, and a brand new one at that?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by Cakemuncher123
Awesome thanks for the advice - I understand that the DR's are not the best strings but they always grab attention - which I dont care about anymore. The rick itself can do it :L

no dr NEONS are not the best strings. absolute garbage for coated strings. now dr hi beams, thats a good set of strings. a bit too zingy at first but once they are broken in they have a gnarly metallic growl. also +1 to the rotosound 66
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
Quote by fleajr_1412
they're not specifically for 'swing' basses, that's just the name of the string, Rotosound Swingbass 66s.

Edit: How the hell do you have a Rick at 16, and a brand new one at that?

Musiciansfriend had a ridiculous sale on them a little whilst ago.

That and I am going to guess inheritance or parents/birthday?

Either way, I'm not complaining, I think it's great that people can play the instruments they truly want if they are fortunate enough.
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Quote by rockthehaus
Only a Gibson is good enough

only if its an EB-3 or explorer
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
Guys In honesty I inherited the money. HOWEVER, I have just finished off paying for it myself. I worked all summer at Argos and earnt two grand . So i have payed for it myself :L
I shall get some rotosounds asap, Also I'm going to get a distortion/effects pedal when I get my next pay day. can someone surgest a good one?
bass big muff for all out fuzz, but for grit i would get the tech 21 vt bass. its like a cranked ampeg in a box
Quote by Bass First
Quote by summerson1
bass big muff for all out fuzz, but for grit i would get the tech 21 vt bass. its like a cranked ampeg in a box

It also does calm Ampeg.

The perfect match for a Rickenbacker
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

Quote by Killerfridge
It also does calm Ampeg.

The perfect match for a Rickenbacker

agreed
Quote by Bass First
Quote by Cakemuncher123
Awesome can anyone link one online?

I certainly can

[url="http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/pedals_s_detail.asp?stock=04052718544818["]Sansamp Bass Driver DI

Sansamp VT Bass

I own both, you can check out the sort of distortion from my youtube channel in my signature (best examples are Welcome to the Jungle and The Collector). They are both phenomenal pieces of kit, although they are fairly pricey!
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

Last edited by Cakemuncher123 at Sep 5, 2011,
Yes that is the one you want! (the pedal anyway )
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
Last edited by Kilty Boxers at Sep 5, 2011,