I'm going to buy a Kramer soon because I just thought it would be neat to learn shred technique on a Kramer, etc., but I can't decide between a Striker 211 or a NiteV...I've never owned a guitar with a maple fretboard before, so I'm leaning towards the Striker 211 because it is something new, but wanting any feedback anyone wanted to offer to help me make the decision. Thanks!
If you can, play them both extensively before you make a buy. You might not even like Kramers if you're blindly ordering them, assuming you haven't tried one before.
modes are a social construct
Quote by Hail
If you can, play them both extensively before you make a buy. You might not even like Kramers if you're blindly ordering them, assuming you haven't tried one before.

Unfortunately, I live in a very small town surrounded by many more small towns and won't be able to try one ahead of time. I will be ordering online. It won't be my main guitar or even my second, will be solely for learning shred techniques...kind of like a joke with myself. Honestly, if I don't like it, then I'll probably sell it on eBay and then find an old 80's Kramer on eBay and buy it. It has to be a Kramer, though.
I ordered a kramer online 5 years ago blindly. It's sitting right beside me as I type. The imperial is a wonderful guitar. It's had it's day as far as gigging, but Kramer necks are very lovely if you like a round profile to your neck. If you like that flat wizard type neck, don't go with Kramer. If you wanna try something new, go for the Striker 211. It never hurts to explore new things on a guitar.
I played one of the last gen strikers with quad rails. It was a beautiful guitar and sounded and played excellently. And not just for the money either. I say go for it. Very surprised at their quality at that price point.
Everyone here knows me and my 86'-87' Striker 100ST. Yeah it's a cheap plywood guitar but the neck is unbeatable, I think this is what Kramers are known best for.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.