alright the other night I posted on here about how I had just picked up a marshall mg 15dfx and a marshall vs30r depending on what the guy at this local shop will give me for them I might trade them in towards a Marshall G80R CD that hes selling for $199.00. Before I even go and check it out though I wanted to know if that is much of an upgrade in sound though compared to the vs30r. I know it will be louder, but that's not what I'm asking. I want to know if it will have a better tone to it, and just sound in general, not volume. Thanks guys.
It gets good reviews here on UG(but so does the MG)
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Sep 1, 2011,
louder yes a step up no not really. your only get a bigger version of what you already have which isn't an improvement. it may sound somewhat better but you'd be way better off saving some more money and getting something that is a real improvement. if you can't then look at the Peavey Vypyr as they are generally reparded as better than the marshalls.

no idea where the blue links came from just ignore them
Last edited by monwobobbo at Sep 1, 2011,
I already have a vyper 15 watt, I'm trying to get something that's not a modeling amp with some decent sound. If I wanted to get another modeling amp then I would be looking into the one 30 watt vox model...I can't remember which one it is but you can adjust the wattage it kicks out with a knob on the back of it.
Quote by Genov1
I already have a vyper 15 watt, I'm trying to get something that's not a modeling amp with some decent sound. If I wanted to get another modeling amp then I would be looking into the one 30 watt vox model...I can't remember which one it is but you can adjust the wattage it kicks out with a knob on the back of it.

The G80R is just another version of an MG. DO NOT GET IT!
Quote by Genov1

then you need to look at a tube amp as anything you get at that price level is going to be pretty much the same thing. save some moremoney and put yourself into a position where you can actually trade up
Last edited by monwobobbo at Sep 1, 2011,
Quote by Sputnik1
The G80R is just another version of an MG. DO NOT GET IT!

+1

Trade em in for a VOX VT_