I'm probably going to be buying my new electric acoustic this weekend and I don't have much money. The best I could possibly do for an amp would be an Ibanez T-10; considering the limited price range, can you give me as-objective-as-possible a review on this amp? Now, keep in mind I'm a beginner; I' m gonna play in my room or at most maybe with a couple of friends/relatives.

Also, is it possible (common sense says yes) to simply connect the guitar to a stereo system (or to my mac which is in turn connected to the stereo)? Obviously the sound quality would most likely not be very good but can this be done without the risk of damaging any of the involved parts?
i've seen some usb cables for guitars, but i have never used one. I think there is a lot of latency however, so you may hear what you're playing a second or so later. don't know about the amp sorry
What is your budget? You can get some pretty decent amps on Craigslist list or eBay for cheap.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Well if it's an acoustic-electric, I wouldn't worry about getting and amp for it yet. Wait until you start gigging. And even then, you could always DI right into the PA (which, imo, would be infinitely easier).
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Well if it's an acoustic-electric, I wouldn't worry about getting and amp for it yet. Wait until you start gigging. And even then, you could always DI right into the PA (which, imo, would be infinitely easier).

+1
Quote by Offworld92
What is your budget? You can get some pretty decent amps on Craigslist list or eBay for cheap.

Figures but that's not really an option with me living in Chile.
Either way, my budget is more-or-less "what pocket change I have left after buying the guitar with the money I got for selling all of my old model kits"

I buy on eBay all the time but if I wanted an amp, I'd probably pay more on shipping alone than for a good new amp at a store in here.

Quote by LaidBack

Yeah; I'm not stressing too much over it... I was also thinking of maybe getting a Firewire interface (I made a thread for that somewhere) and I've sort-of reached a decision on the matter already. Still, I can play unplugged until I get something eventually.