Page 1 of 7
I noticed a lot of people around here think they have their own personal band that they think nobody else knows about. What are your favorite underground bands? Mine are Grim Reaper and Ice Age.
Well, nobody I know has ever heard of Dream Theater, The Black Mages, or Gackt before, so I guess they could classify as my own personal interest. At least in my little circle of friends, that is.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
I used to have personal bands, but then I started recommending them to people. I guess two which I've never heard anyone else mention are Faal (Funeral doom from the Netherlands) and Ghost Voyage (Progressive doom from...Finland?).
🙈 🙉 🙊
Metallica.
Northern wind take my song up high
To the hall of glory in the sky
So its gates shall greet me open wide
When my time has come to die
My band.

We're so underground we haven't even written any songs, or know how to play our instruments.

Oh yeah, and the band consists of only me.
Wilco
Not an "unknown" band by any means, but I have an extremely difficult time finding people who are familiar with their music around herein Southern California.
Michael Jordan Touchdown Pass was a favorite band of mine in high school when I was into NY and NJ punk a lot. It's been a few years and they still aren't very big and maybe broken up I don't know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc9rycBomjE
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Le Chat Noir
And I've noticed that very few seem to be aware of Mess Hall and The Black Angels, although I'm sure there would at least be a few who have heard of the latter.

Oh and pretty much all little known NZ bands (yet to properly survey the Aussie scene).
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Dead Letter Circus, Abingdon Boys School, the GazettE, D'espairs Ray, eve to adam.

I'm not really naive enough to think that nobody knows them, but they're bands that I normally get a raised brow over.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Oh yeah! Battle Circus. They're kinda Muse-esque but they're a Kiwi band who have just released their first record and it's pretty good. Worth a listen. If you like that kinda thang, at least.

- Rene Magritte
Veal / Luke Doucet in general! Fan-****ing-tastic band and song writer! I have no idea why they aren't more successful... =|
Head like a stone, stoned like a rock.

Shaimus and Dead by April
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Quote by Beautiful
Shaimus and Dead by April

F_ckin' great band. Sucks that one half of guitar duo left, but I'm stoked for the new album.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Scarecrows From The Sky

they're pretty obscure. if i didn't mention them here, you'd have never ever heard of them in your entire life. you'll probably never hear their music either, since it will never be uploaded to the internet in final form. and there won't be any live shows ever, so no one will ever see them perform. not even the hippest hipster is hip to them.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
and his band.

I can brag that I kinda know the lead singer/pianist and the bass player.

Edit: Also, his name is Einar Stray, for those who don't want to click.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
Last edited by Zeropathic at Sep 1, 2011,
The Absence, Threat Signal, Thy Will Be Done, Yoko Shimomura...Iunno.
Last edited by FryingNemo at Sep 1, 2011,
2 local punk bands called black wine and screaming females, i dont know anybody who seriously listens to them besides my brother. and a band called an endless sporadic, some might know them from guitar hero 3, but seriously they are one of the best prog rock bands i have ever heard

edit: i go to school with these guys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjTxEUmMpuI
Last edited by moses132049 at Sep 1, 2011,
Grizzly Bear. And considering my school and where I live, Biffy Clyro
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Quote by moses132049
2 local punk bands called black wine and screaming females, i dont know anybody who seriously listens to them besides my brother. and a band called an endless sporadic, some might know them from guitar hero 3, but seriously they are one of the best prog rock bands i have ever heard

An Endless Sporadic is a really good band. I haven't listened too much to them, but I've heard a few songs on youtube. Good stuff.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
Quote by JohnSmith85
I noticed a lot of people around here think they have their own personal band that they think nobody else knows about. What are your favorite underground bands? Mine are Grim Reaper and Ice Age.

Rock you to hell!

OT: Heavenly, Dark Moor, Last Chance to Reason
Check out my band Disturbed
My friend's band Open Denile, which he plays rhythm guitar in. Their a progressive death metal band. Their only album was made before he joined, and before their vocalist and bassist left. The dude on keyboards also does vocals, but they still don't have a bassist. Their vocalist/keyboardist is in the NYDM and since they have connections to Earache Records they might get signed after it comes out.

Oh, and for those of you guys who don't know, the NYDM stands for New York Death Militia. It's not really a gang, but their a bunch of people who love death metal and go to shows and stuff. The closest thing I can compare them to is a biker gang, because they earn patches and have different chapters in different states. Their not bikers though. Anyway, I love them and need to go to one of their shows. Sucks because they play at 9 P.M. and later and at places I can't go to myself because I'm 16.

EDIT: Here's a link in case you guys wanna check them out. http://www.facebook.com/OpenDenile1
My friend's the dude in the glasses. He's a really good guitarist but he said playing lead gets boring. That, and because the lead guitarist (black guy) is a beast.
Last edited by xShade at Sep 1, 2011,
Quote by moses132049

That Intro was some good shit.
The Dear Hunter
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
^^I LOVE Tom Waits.

Quote by joestrat5000
Grizzly Bear

Grizzly Bear are very good!

- Rene Magritte
The Sex Panda's.

Because it's a band consisting of me, an acoustic guitar, and my best friend attempting to rap.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Thornley/Big Wreck. Big Wreck had a few hits in the 90's, but never really god popular... I dont know anyone thats familiar with either band's music (even though they're almost the same band)
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Grant Lee Buffalo. Seriously, nobody I have ever met knows about them (or about Grant Lee Phillips' solo work). I could go on and on about the lyrical mastery of Mr. Phillips, and their original yet quite often catchy sound... I have this dream in life, that one day I'll be having a conversation with someone and I'll drop Grant Lee Buffalo in there, and they'll say, "Oh yeah, I know them!" Bonus points if that person is a chick. (no fat chicks)