So i recently got some money and bought
this as an interface:http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-ALESIS-MULTIMIX4-USB-MIXER-106928934-i2091724.gc?esid=ALESIS%20MULTIMIX4%20USB%20MIXER

and this as a mic:http://www.guitarcenter.com/Audio-Technica-AT2020-Large-Diaphragm-Condenser-Microphone-103056305-i1126691.gc

But now im kind of worried that this might not of been the best choice.
i got the interface used and the mic new, but now im not sure if this will be the best for my low budget recording needs.
I will be recording experimental music which includes clean vocals with clean guitar up to screaming vocals to high gain guitars. and planning on either recording my amp with the mic or using amp simulations depending on what gets me the best tone. and obviously the mic for vocals. now can somebody tell me i didn't F*ck up too bad and that i will be able to get decent quality out of this gear or am i doomed?
any recommendations on what i should of gotten or SHOULD get?
thanks in advance.
TL;DR will i be able to get decent sound quality with the items i bought?
NEW SIGNATURE!
The AT2020 is a really solid mic and should be able to handle everything you want to do. The interface is pretty cheap and that will hamper the quality of your recordings. However, learning good technique is the most important thing you can do so yeah, you should be fine! I would try to upgrade to a more legit interface somewhere down the road but that one will serve for now.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quit freaking out for cryin' out loud...

Try it out; if you don't like it, then save up, sell it on craigs list and get something else.

If you do decide you need something else, then I recommend talking to Ryan Sloan at Sweetwater.com. He can guide you to the most bang for the buck at any price range.

I'm very happy with the recommendations he gave me.
haha im just broke and don't have much money to be throwing around that's all and i know the interface is pretty cheap but im on a budget so there wasn't much else i could get.
thanks guys i'll see what kind of quality i can get once it ships here i'll post some clips or something.
NEW SIGNATURE!
If I was you, I'd just save up a couple hundred dollars and buy a firewire interface like the M-Audio Firewire Solo or something like that. That mixer looks questionable.
Hah man don't feel too bad, I got the 1st generation mbox on Kijiji and it doesn't work with my Mac's Snow Leopard OS. SHIIITTT.

And in respect to this;
Quit freaking out for cryin' out loud...

Try it out; if you don't like it, then save up, sell it on craigs list and get something else.

on't be such a dickhead. He's asking for advice
Thanks for the all the input guys.
One last question, would you say this mic is better than the mxl 990 for my recording needs?
NEW SIGNATURE!
Quote by aeromakesmusic
Thanks for the all the input guys.
One last question, would you say this mic is better than the mxl 990 for my recording needs?

Absolutely. No contest.
Quote by VioletFox
Hah man don't feel too bad, I got the 1st generation mbox on Kijiji and it doesn't work with my Mac's Snow Leopard OS. SHIIITTT.

And in respect to this;

on't be such a dickhead. He's asking for advice

And that's my advice. No need to panic before the gear even comes. There's plenty of time to recover later if you don't like the gear. No need for high blood pressure in the meantime. Y'all just chillax, K?