So im looking to buy a used fender strat MIM. I dont have the money for a new one or for a MIA. I cant find any in my local guitar centers, etc. So i was looking around online and found these:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-FENDER-STANDARD-STRAT-RED-HSS-030911-775-106325657-i1865317.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-FENDER-STRATOCASTER-RED-01-26-11-106265585-i1810908.gc#close

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-FENDER-FSR-STRAT-RED-BRST-ELEC-GTR-106587915-i1931157.gc

why do the second and third one have black pickguards and stuff? is that a different model? or did the previous owner just decide to change it? I can't tell. Are they legitimate fenders? Why is the third one more expensive? Thanks.

Also, other suggestions are open as to where to buy from or a similar guitar. Thank you in advance
None of the links work.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
As to the price change, there could be nicks on the other two, or the store that the higher priced one is located decided to set the price that high. All stores can set their own prices, they don't always have to abide by what other stores set them at.
Quote by Perverockstar69
If you want a humbucker get the first one, if not get the third one, it's better than the standard.

Whats so different about the third one?
If you can't afford an American fender, I recommend looking around for an 80's japan Squier. You get such good guitars for a lot less then most mexican models. I find most of the mexicans to be trashy(unless they have the glossy maple fretboard). Out of those ones though, I'd recommend the last one, if you don't want humbuckers.
Yep, they all look authentic.

The red/black SSS one seems to be a stock standard, as does the red/white one.

The red burst hss is an fsr (factory special run) which are ltd. editions periodically produced by fender. They have upgraded cosmetics (body finish, neck tint, thicker neck finish), and I'm pretty sure they also have better pickups. For $50 more, that's the one I'd go for.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Quote by Strat007
Yep, they all look authentic.

The red/black SSS one seems to be a stock standard, as does the red/white one.

The red burst hss is an fsr (factory special run) which are ltd. editions periodically produced by fender. They have upgraded cosmetics (body finish, neck tint, thicker neck finish), and I'm pretty sure they also have better pickups. For $50 more, that's the one I'd go for.

Are you completely positive? And do the pickups still have the authentic strat sound? If what you say is true, then i think ill go for it
Quote by jbongi14
Are you completely positive? And do the pickups still have the authentic strat sound? If what you say is true, then i think ill go for it

As far as I know, the pickups are the same. I'm pretty sure they are. The finish might be different and it probably will have a darker tint. Dont quote me on this though.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
I thought the MIM FSRs had classic series rather than standard pups
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Thanks so much for the help guys. Although im still not completely sure on the differences... Also, whats the difference between the classic and standard pickups? Is one obviously better or do they have completely different sounds? Im looking for the typical awesome strat sound. Are the classics more similar to a MIA?
shit. It looks like the third guitar has humbuckers. I never noticed that....
i have gone through a ton of MIM fenders, i have a either '94 or '96 (cant remember now, i just posted it a few minutes ago) and it is by far the best mexican fender std strat i have ever touched. it plays sweet, has the high gloss fretboard, all of the plastics have aged naturally and beautifully, and it has really good sounding pickups (degrooved poles on pickups, have been told that that is better). i dont know whatever is good about this guitar, it is simply awesome. MIJ are always nice, so thats another option too.

in general if you know a bit about guitars, buying used off of craigslit for an example is the best route, you money will go a lot farther.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
might wanna check out some of the online places, they are having sales right now with some decent discounts. might be able to pick up a nice strat cheaper than usual.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
ok so guys in addition to my above questions (four posts up), can you answer this question: what would having those humbucker pickups on the bridge (in the third link) do to the sound? What would change? Is that guitar more geared toward rhythm playing or soloing? Im confused as to what the difference is.
Humbuckers typically have higher output and are much quieter, great for hi-gain playing
My Strat is an HSS Am. Special, with the humbucker in the bridge position. It is quiet as a mouse and has a warmer tone than the single poles. You can play rhythm or lead with it, but I combine mine with the middle pickup for most of my rock rhythm playing. If the MIM is wired like my Strat, the middle pickup has no tone control -- it's wide-open all the time. Sounds twangy by itself, but combined with the tone-controlled bridge or neck pups, you can get a variety of sounds. Having the 'bucker in the bridge position is like having two guitars in one -- you can get some LP sounds out of it, if you tweak things properly.
Never mind the Dawg . . . Beware of Owner!!
Quote by LostKeys
As to the price change, there could be nicks on the other two, or the store that the higher priced one is located decided to set the price that high. All stores can set their own prices, they don't always have to abide by what other stores set them at.

guitar Center is a corporate business and the stores don't set the prices the head office does. there might be a small varience for stores in high profile (ie more expensive) cities but that's about it.

the first and third guitars are HSS models the middle one is a SSS strat. if you want the authentic strat sound then that one is the one you want.
Thanks, dawgman51. The only problem is that i already have an LP. I want to be able to play lead and rhythm on the strat while still maintaining the traditional strat sound. What will having a humbucker on the bridge change in the sound?